It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
(female)

graces23 HB User
Is this a cold?

On Saturday morning at 4am I woke up with the left side of my throat in agony. I got up to go to the bathroom and while I was there I looked at my throat and it appeared to have a slight 'welt' or ulcer on the back left side. I thought I must've burnt it or cut it or something somehow, cause it was just so sudden and painful.

My throat was sore all Sunday and now there was "stuff" going down it (like a yucky "runny" throat from a pre-cold) but I assumed this may be just the throat trying to heal itself if I'd burnt or cut it.

By Sunday night both sides of my throat were sore so I pretty much accepted I was getting sick.

Monday I went to work but my throat felt so yuck, sort of really scratchy and unpleasant now, almost an extreme version of how it usually feels AFTER I've had a cold when the cold is just beginning to go away, and my head ached as well, so I came home.

I slept for 3 hours that afternoon, then didn't go in to work Tuesday or Wednesday either. I just am exhausted, feel like sleeping all the time, I've had a constant headache and mild fever since Monday, and my throat's not as sore now, but my nose is SLIGHTLY snuffly and not normal.

I feel like I've got a whole heap of phlegm in the back of my throat as well and I have a bit of a cough, mainly dry but occasionally slightly productive.

I went to the doc and he said I've got a 'throat infection'. But is that all it is? Or is it actually a cold?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
(male)

baddboyy HB User
Re: Is this a cold?

i have pain in my lower back and when i get up and start to walk i feel like im about to fall to the floor. the pain is in the lower right could it be a back cold?

Old 04-09-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
(female)

graces23 HB User

WHAT!? What's your problem, man!? My question was legitimate.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
(male)

marley09 HB User

Ears eyes nose and throat... these are all connected so its pretty normal that your throat infection manafests as a sniffly nose and maybe watery eyes too. Easy to confuse with cold it think.

I think your doc knows what theyre talking about... throat infection is much more serious then a cold so treat that first

Closed Thread