It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

hsp1 HB User
Question What is the best cure for severe post nasal drip?

Hi all,
I have had this stupid cold for 4 days now and the worst part of this cold is the post nasal drip. See ever since I was a child I have had post nasal drip durning the beginning of my colds (the scratchy throat especally) so severe it makes me have to spit every 30-60 seconds. I can not keep any liquids in me cause of my post nasal drip and I usailly can not drink anything cause of the post nasal drip. The reason why is because if I try to just let it go into my stomach I will vomit this has happened before. So I am here to ask your best advice on what I should take or eat that will help stop this post nasal drip from going into my stomach especally the beginning part of the cold where as when the throat is burning and scratchy? I have taken almost anything to stop this post nasal drip from going into my stomach, medication to hard candy to hot spicy foods. I hate having to spit every 30-60 seconds because it is so bad and I hate the idea of this going into my stomach and I feel like or I vomit. I just want answers to this delima of mine. As you all can tell I am VERY frustrated with this problem that I have been having for over 25 years now. Anyway, thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: What is the best cure for severe post nasal drip?

hsp1,

Cut down on coffee, smoke and alcohol. Avoid dry air and anything irritating in the air.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread