It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
(female)

plasticspoons HB User
Question Tight/Stiff neck and flu?

Okay, I just recovered (mostly) from this bad cold I had for slightly more than a week. The cold started with a sore throat, which got better after the first day. After that I started having really thick, sticky and slightly yellow mucus, and it was really annoying but yesterday things became significantly better. My nose was a lot less congested and it wasn't runny anymore, and my mucus is already pretty much back to normal.

But a few days ago I started feeling this.. tightness around my neck. At first it was tightness near my throat, but 2 days ago the tightness shifted to just above my collarbone. It's not painful, just tight and like, stiff. (When I say tight neck I mean I feel like I can't lift my head up. The tightness is at the front of my neck and not the back.) Over these few days I've developed the habit of putting my hand there from time to time to make it feel better. I'm not sure if this is something that came with the flu, but I've more or less recovered from it already but this neck tightness thing doesn't look like it's going anywhere anytime soon. Any ideas?

ps. I googled about this and lots of websites state that neck stiffness is a symptom of Meningitis, but I'm pretty sure that's not it because I don't have "fever, confusion or altered consciousness."

Closed Thread