Not sure whether to see the doc yet?
Hello, I've been sick for 12 days now. It started out with a sore throat, and then I got all of my symptoms within 2 days (cough, congestion, runny nose, sneezing, dry mouth, hoarse voice, etc). At first the congestion was so bad I could not breathe through my nose at all. I had to breathe through my mouth, which was contributing to my sore throat. My left gland was swollen for a few days as well. After about 4 days of being totally miserable, I started to have a spoonful of honey every time my throat hurt. This seemed to almost completely knock out the pain for about 2 hours. It also seemed to help any phlegm come up easier. After about 2-3 days of eating the honey, my sore throat was gone, in which I stopped using the honey, but cough and congestion persisted.
Eventually the congestion started to give out, and for the past 4 days I've been blowing my nose a LOT with clear, runny snot. This provided relief to where my nostrils felt completely clear until I needed to blow my nose again. Now on day 12, I am starting to blow some thick, light green snot as well? I still have my cough, in which I cough up mostly clear mucous with white/yellowish in it sometimes. And my voice is still kinda hoarse, better than what it was but still there. It also seems like my nose and cough problems haven't gotten much better over the past 2-3 days. It's more worrysome than bothersome anymore to be honest.
I am not sure if this is now a bacterial infection or something else. I've been taking vitamin C tablets every day for almost a week now, as well. I think it's just a stubborn head cold, but I just want some reassurance! How much longer should I give it, if anything? Should I try anything new, or just wait it out? thanks!