It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
(female)

neochiq HB User
Keep getting mild cold symptoms

Hey guys!

For the last 3 or 4 months I have been getting very mild cold symptoms. Mostly it starts with slightly sore lymph nodes behind my ears and I usually can fight it off with orange juice and some adequate rest. Then it goes away and comes back. About 3 or 4 weeks ago it reared it's ugly head with a darn good sore throat and a fever. Then it went away. THEN 2 days ago I get an itchy throat (not sore) a mild cough and a really stuffy nose and sneezing.

My worry is that it keeps coming back...

So what are your opinions? Is it just unlucky and I keep catching different ones? Or is something bigger and more dangerous? :-(

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Keep getting mild cold symptoms

neochiq,

Sure, I suppose it could just be a string of bad luck. Maybe one was a cold, one was a mild touch of flu, and perhaps you could throw in a slight allergy to something. At some point you will have antibodies for every known contagion. You will be bullet proof, as they say.

But just to be safe, make sure you're eating a healthy diet, drink plenty of water, avoid stress and get a good nights sleep. Don't take any chances with your health and maybe you can strengthen your immune system.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Could just be bad luck, it could perhaps be allergic in nature rather than an infection.

Getting some extra vitamins and minerals couldnt hurt, but it it keeps happening, a check up from your doctor would be wise.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
(male)

cableboy HB User

I'm experiencing something similar.

Two months ago I had a real nasty cold and then a sinus infection. It cleared up, but a few weeks after I had mild cold symptoms for 4 days (sore throat, muscle aches, and some yellow mucus). It went away and then two weeks later (today) I got the same thing (sore throat, muscle aches, yellow mucus).

It feels almost like mono, which I had years ago. Maybe the sinus infection is chronic and only flares up every now and then? This is annoying more than debilitating... not worried enough yet to go to the doctor.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:48 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Try taking a Sudafed 12 Hour twice a day fora week to open up your sinuses and let them drain, and also start using a netti pot every day for a couple of weeks

In the neti pot, you use 1 cup of warm water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda

This should clear your sinuses and let them heal

Closed Thread