It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
(male)

aaronson2012 HB User
Can't sleep because of this issue...

Hello, I'm new to this forum so hello everyone!

And also I'm sorry if this is in the wrong board... I don't really know where to list this...

Okay So I've been up all night because of some INSANE coughing issues I'm having. Oh and this only occurs when I'm lying down...... Very strange.

So, when I lie down I will start to cough, and then those coughs will turn into gags, and then the gags will turn into throwing up in my mouth a little bit...

When I'm standing or sitting this doesn't occur, I do get an occasional cough though.

It kind of feels like someone is tickling my uvula with a feather. lol.

Please help, I really wanna sleep...

Old 05-29-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Re: Can't sleep because of this issue...

Hi aaron...it sounds to me like you have some post-nasal drip that is worse when you lay down. I am no doctor but a few of my friends have this issue. I would give your doc a call. Maybe there is a little something that could help to dry up the dripping IF that is the case. Isn't it funny how everything seems worse when we need to lay down to sleep!!! I hate that!! Even when I have a cold and cough it will always get worse at sleep time. Try propping up your head a bit if you can to get into a better sleep position.

I know for me, once I begin to gag it takes little for me to go from THAT to throwing up! I wear a mouth guard and when I remove that in the morning, I have to really concentrate because the gagging IS going to happen! grrr

Let us know how you make out. You need your sleep, so try to give a doctor a call if you can.
Best of luck!
Madison

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #3
(male)

aaronson2012 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison104 View Post
Hi aaron...it sounds to me like you have some post-nasal drip that is worse when you lay down. I am no doctor but a few of my friends have this issue. I would give your doc a call. Maybe there is a little something that could help to dry up the dripping IF that is the case. Isn't it funny how everything seems worse when we need to lay down to sleep!!! I hate that!! Even when I have a cold and cough it will always get worse at sleep time. Try propping up your head a bit if you can to get into a better sleep position.

I know for me, once I begin to gag it takes little for me to go from THAT to throwing up! I wear a mouth guard and when I remove that in the morning, I have to really concentrate because the gagging IS going to happen! grrr

Let us know how you make out. You need your sleep, so try to give a doctor a call if you can.
Best of luck!
Madison
Thanks for the reply.

It looks like i am going to have to go to the docter, cause its been a day and still no improvement.

Thanks, I'll probobly get my father to set me up an appointment.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Could it be reflux..... te content of the stomach rising into the oesophegas and making you cough, gay then vomit?

Taking 2 tums and a zantac before you lay down might help

If its post nasal drip, taking decongestant (eg 60mg of Sudafed) before laying down could help

Last edited by jonnstar; 05-30-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Closed Thread