It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
(male)

aaon HB User
Throat pain, difficulty swallowing, hard white dot then lump on tonsil.

I ran everything through ***** which suggests it's probably tonsillitis. However, I would like and actual person to give me a theory.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed a hard, white, tiny lump on my soft pallet. it felt like I had some food stuck in the back of my throat. When I asked some family members, they likened it to a pimple in my throat. I scratched at it ( i know I shouldn't have) and after a few days it seemed to disappear. But, the roof of my mouth was spotted with red dots. Then that went away. Now starting about a week ago my throat started to sting. That grew into a medium discomfort with slight pain.

I am experiencing difficulty swallowing again. When I open my mouth wide to look my throat hurts. It also appears that I have a round puss like spot on one of my tonsils. I also just took my temperature and I have a 99.7, which yes isn't high but i normally run low ( 95 normally) With what I told you guys, do you have any suggestions for me?

Last edited by moderator2; 05-31-2010 at 04:44 AM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Old 05-31-2010, 04:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: Throat pain, difficulty swallowing, hard white dot then lump on tonsil.

Go to the doctor - you likely need a course of penicillin

In the meantime, go and buy some Cepacol lozonges and suck them to relieve the discomfort, and take Tylenol for the fever and pain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2010, 06:14 AM   #3
(male)

aaon HB User

so it sounds like tonsillitis then? The only reason I hesitate to goto the doctors for an examination is because i am a single father of two, the youngest being only 4 months. I don't want to have to take my girls to a place full of sick people. Thanks for the response.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

You could safely wait another 24 hours and see fi it gets better or worse, because a lot of tonsilitis will resolve without antibiotics.

Using the lozonges and tylenol or advil can help keep you comfortable while your body heals - but if you get any worse, you raly should see a doc

Old 05-31-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
(male)

aaon HB User

Thank you very much. Will wait an extra day or two to see if it clears up.

Closed Thread