It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
(female)

westlifefan HB User
nosebleeds after a heavy cold

hi all iam new to this board i feel like iam on my own at times and thought you all may be able to help to cut a long story short ive been off work with a heavy cold come infection it turned into heavy nosebleeds which lasted up to an hour i went back to a doctor (whom iam not keen on i must say) and she didnt do blood presure and she said yes it needs seeing too but because it isnt bleeding now i cant help i was shocked yrs ago they would couterized it at your own doctors in the end she refered me to ear nose and throat but that wont be till eight to ten weeks in the mean time ive got to put up with things my question is should she not off sent me to hospital to have it done i do feel with the way of the world these days that no one wants to help and theres nothing worst then being on your own with blood everywhere at one point i looked liked i had killed someone any advice most welcome this has happened before

Old 06-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: nosebleeds after a heavy cold

I had a bad nose bleed several months ago, called my internist who told me to go to my ear nose and throat doctor. Since they were not in the office that day I went directly to the emergency room and had my nose cuarterized. Haven't had a problem since.
I think that the next time you have a nose bleed, go directly to the hospital and they will treat you AND take your blood pressure. Best wishes!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
(female)

westlifefan HB User

hi there the doctor more or less said the same thing but my arguement is you cant travel with a bleeding nose a taxie certainly wouldnt let me in like that and i have no one to ask i cant get on a bus like it so iam stuck she did refer me i think to a ear nose and throat next month so i will insists they do it as this happened over new yr as well thank you for your answer glad yours is ok now ive had none today so far so hope to go back to work monday

Old 06-04-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User

If your nose bleed is so intense that you would be gushing blood all over a taxi,
call 911 and get transported by ambulance. Once you are in the ER you are also
more readily seen that the walk-ins. I've done it, it works!!

Closed Thread