It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
(female)

aggi81 HB User
colopscopy + positive hpv test and abnormal pap

I am a 50+ female who has not tested positive for hpv or pap. Recently discovered spouse of 29 yrs. has been unfaithful (I have NEVER). Is this/can it be related to my current test results?

Yes, I am very stressed right now!!!!! I am a very healthy active person who swims/bikes/runs daily. Non smoker.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: colopscopy + positive hpv test and abnormal pap

What are your test results? You said you haven't been tested. If you have were you positive for HPV? It is VERY possible to get HPV from an unfaithful partner or a new partner. I did. You can also get HPV in the mouth and anus as well as vaginally. I don't want to scare you. Most of the population has been exposed to one strain or another. I finally got rid of mine after 5 years of treatment. I know if left untreated some people get cancer. Michael Douglas the actor had cancerous tumor in his throat that came from HPV. It probably developed over years before it became dangerous. Also they think Farrah Fawcett got it anally. I am wanting to get myself tested anally. Yuck, I know. I see in your title that you had a positive HPV and abnormal pap. and YES if he stepped out and you didn't he gave it to you. Did you get checked out anally. If so please let me know how that went. I am wanting to have the peace of mind. I am so so sorry that this has happened to you. Its not a death sentence. Its treatable. I was angry too. It's unfair!! Please let me know how you are. All the best to you!please wait 2 seconds for an uncompressed image, or press Ctrl+F5 for original quality page

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread