It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
(male)

Voltinova HB User
A Rather long cold

Hi there, as my profile says, I'm a 16 year old male, and I have had symptom's of a cold for just over 4 months now.

This includes:
a runny, snotty nose
breathing problems
Coughs and Sneezes

We've gone to the dr., who focussed more on the bronchitis side of things. This has semi relieved the cough, but it hasn't completely gotten rid of the problem.
We've tried cold medicines, and nasal sprays, and still haven't had any luck. We've tried lavender oil, aloe vera oil. I've taken up to 2 weeks off of school, and that hasn't seemed to help. My liquids have been staying high, more then I would normally drink in a day (at the moment taking up to 10 glasses of water).
I've also noticed that while I'm outside, it seems to disappear, not completely, but mostly.
Any ideas of what I may be dealing with, or any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance,
D~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2010, 04:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User
Re: A Rather long cold

Hello - since you say your symptoms almost dissapear when outside this leads me to think that something in the house is making you sick. Could there possibly be mold somewhere? This can make you very sick!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
(male)

Voltinova HB User
Re: A Rather long cold

well, there could be minor particles from all the tissues I get to use xD but I find it odd, it doesn't necesarily have to be our house, it can be a school classroom or a friends house, or even a bus!
Although I do keep your point valid, we'll look into it
Thanks a bunch!

Closed Thread