It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Can't get rid of this cold

I got this cold from my kids - there cold lasted 7 days. I got it and still have and it is 2 weeks. I went to the doctor last week and got antibiotics because I thought it developed into a sinus infection. The doctor wasn't sure if I had an infection or not. He checked my lungs to check if they were clear and they were. I was getting better but yesterday I started to cough to clear my throat like it has a tickle in the throat. So now I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat. I feel clamie but no fever. My husband is going through the same thing.

I use my nettie pot 3 times a day, saline spray, and vaporizer. I am not stuffy it just drips in my throat and then makes my throat feel sore because it fades during the day. My jaw and face hurts. My chest burns too and I think it because my acid reflux can't take the mucus I am accidently swallowing. The last time I got a cold like this was when I developed walking pneumonia. I don't want that so is anyone going through this.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
(male)

leopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB User
Re: Can't get rid of this cold

you never think about improving your imune system.
A natural way of getting stronger health.
running three times a week. outside.
Eating no low poisons. No sodas, no cakes.
Or just once a week.
And eating perfect real food.
veggies from the vegetable market,
mixed with eggs, and three big fruits a day.
Plus some fun. one movie, a good restaurant.
Or a mini travel in the countryside, very good for the mood.
You should get rid of this things.
Bye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hi Gigi! I know its been since August when you posted about the cold. I hope you are better. I have the same one now. It lasted 2 weeks and now I got another one starting. Scratchy throat, sneezing and tickle cough. I have acid reflux too so I think they aggrevate each other. I finished a z pack wondering if I needed that and I don't think that did a thing because another cold is developing. I work with kindergarteners and they are sick ALL the time. Thank God I have a job interview today at a different place. I pray it works out. I just don't have an immune system that fights off this many colds coming my way. I hope you are doing great!

Old 11-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
(male)

leopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB User

Yes gigi, I try again, i must be more convincing.

If we catch cold, that means our imune system is not high enough.
It's not so bad. a cold it's not that dangerous.
Just it means our imune system is a little bit low.

And good news it's easy to increase our imune system.
The first things that help a lot, it's :
we don't eat processing food anymore.
No frozen meals, No pizzas, no caned food, No sandwiches, no hamburgers, no sodas, no ice cream.....
Or just once or twice a week. we keep the fun once a week. No more.

We cook now. Real food. real vegetables. We buy them in the vegetable market. 4 eggs a day. 4 fruits a day.

Things will improve a lot.
The imune system will be more stronger.

we cought 4 cold a year. Now we catch only one cold a year.

Sport of course. No need to be athelete. Just runing slowly, outside in the morning. 4 times a week. Half an hour.

But the most important, it's to practice things that are good for the mood.
reading novels, driving the car and viviting the countryside national park,
going to movie, inviting friends, and so on according to what you like.
I had cought cold and was often tired exhausted in the past.
I have cured it this way. Hope i can help.

Last edited by leopard777; 11-11-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Closed Thread