It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
(male)

ParanoidGuy1 HB User
Lingering Cold?

Hey everyone,

I am a 21 year old male who keeps getting hit by cold bugs. This started last december when I had a really bad flu, I fought through it without anti biotics because I dont believe in usig them unles for dire emergencies. The flu went away in Jauary-ish, but I had a lingering cough. This cough lasted for another month and then went away. In May the cough came back and stayed for anothermonth and a half without me experiencing cold symptoms. It went away ad came back about a month ago, and a few days ago I began getting the cold symptoms again. Any idea how I can build my immune system up? It became weakened because I had a really bad point of my life beginning this year and was very stressed all the time and I started eating unhealthy and quit working out. I recently have been becoming more stress free and am eating healthier now.

Also I feel a litle rashy on the top of my mouth in front of the punching bag ting in front of thethroat. Its the same texture as when you burn the roof of your mouth and I was wondering if thats anything serious?

Old 09-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Lingering Cold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidGuy1 View Post
... Any idea how I can build my immune system up? It became weakened because I had a really bad point of my life beginning this year and was very stressed all the time and I started eating unhealthy and quit working out.
Unfortunately, a long bout with a cold, virus or bacterial infection results in damaged membranes within the sinuses, nasal passages, and/or throat. The longer a cold, or infection, continues the more damage is done.

So...... the damaged sinus, nasal or throat membranes are frequently prone to cause irritating symptoms, or become reinfected after the cold, flu or infection goes into remission.

Until these membranes heal completely, they will continue to cause problems, IMHO.

Note that these are only theories of mine (a fellow patient) based on personal experiences, and that I am not trained or educated health care. I have merely learned how to permanently cure myself of recurring sinus/nasal infections.

Take care, best of luck, and I hope that you get your current health problems fully and quickly resolved.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 09-12-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
(male)

ParanoidGuy1 HB User

and how did you cure yourself?

Old 09-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

I documented the miraculous cure of my constant, recurring sinus/nasal infections on HealthBoards at the top of the the Allergies board, under the title: Infrequent Sinus Flooding with Peroxide & Baking Soda halted my infection nightmare

Since then, I NEVER have to do any kind of sinus irrigation, or sinus treatment, or go to sinus doctors, or spend big bucks and hours of time waiting at ENT's overcrowded, drab offices.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Old 09-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
(male)

ParanoidGuy1 HB User

I spoke to my doc and he said my lungs sounded perfect. He has recommended me to an allergist. I also had a chest x-ray done just to be safe, going for follow up next week!

Closed Thread