It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
(male)

Wizzle HB User
Upper Respiratory infection and Abdominal Pressure?

Hello, I'm new to HealthBoards, I have a situation that I would like to run by you all.

A week ago I came down with a vicious cold. Symptoms were headache, eye ache, ear ache, itchy throat (that never really turned sore), lots of neck up congestion, never really coughed up much though. Never had a fever, had some chills.

A few days into it, I noticed a strange sensation in my lower right abdomen. It was pressure, like someone was trying to edge a baseball out of me. No real pain, just a constant and annoying pressure. I was constipated for about 36 hours, and even now when I go, it's some, but not quit regular amount

So after 3 days of feeling this I went to urgent care, the doctor asked me a few questions, knocked on my back, pushed on my stomach in 4 locations (no pain) and said what happened is that I have an upper respiratory infection that has found its way into my stomach area, and that the pressure is normal, and will run its course.

I've had a lot of colds in my life, I've never felt ab pressure from them. I've had the pressure a total of 6 days so far, I still have regular cold symptoms lingering, but I can tell they are on their way out. The ab pressure remains about the same though.

I've googled the relation between URI's and abdominal pressure like there is no tomorrow, and I've yet to find a single piece of info on it. Can someone please tell me if this doctor knows what he's talking about, and if so, is there a site with some information on it, just so I can have some piece of mind?

I really appreciate you time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
(male)

Wizzle HB User
Re: Upper Respiratory infection and Abdominal Pressure?

....ok, I did some more research, made some phone calls - and since no one who visits these boards knew anything about what I'm feeling, I figured that I would leave a little info about what I found, just in case someone else feels the way that I do.

What I have is Mesenteric Adenitis. It mimics appendicitis and is no where near as dangerous, and usually goes away on its own. It can take anywhere from days, to months, so hang in there.

Just typing in symptoms into google, you would never find this information out, because everything leads to appendicitis and cancer and other life threatening things. If you google it by it's actual name though, Mesenteric Adenitis, you will find a decent amount of info, that will hopefully give you some peace of mind.

Closed Thread