It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

Zipity HB User
Fever and green phlegm

Last night I started feeling sick and developed a fever which got up to 102 and didn't drop below 101 until this afternoon (about 18 hours). Now I'm coughing. Not a lot but when I do, I make sure not to swallow the mucus. I was in the dark spitting into a basin and when I turned the light on, I was alarmed to see what I had been spitting up is green! It's not very dark. Some of it is even yellow. And it's thin, not thick and chunky or anything. My nose is stuffy also but the stuff coming from my nose is clear. What could this be? Bronchitis??

Old 12-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Fever and green phlegm

Hi the net says green sputum can come from a substance in white blood cells that have died in the fight with pathogens of an infection from what I understand of what it said.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
Zipity (12-09-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
(female)

Zipity HB User

Well the fever would go up and down hot cold sweat shiver. It was horrible. I truly can't think of a time in my adult life that I had a fever that long and felt THAT bad. But I called my doc Friday and got a prescription. It's now Sunday morning and knock on wood, I'm feeling much better. Once the fever went away, I felt SO much better. Now I have a pretty bad cough and my chest is kinda rattling but I'm coughing everything up. But the z pak seems to be kicking it's butt pretty quickly!

Old 12-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi they say once a person starts an antibiotic it should not be stopped until all the days are finished otherwise they claim that the bug could come back in super strength. I would try not to miss doses. Afterward it might be that a yeast infection may develop. Sweets feed yeasts. A person might find it a good idea to avoid sweets at least until days afterward. Antifungals are sometimes not that effective or they are full of side effects.

Closed Thread