It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
(female)

SamiMichelle08 HB User
Seriously need a answer asap.

Ok, So, im one of those ppl that absolutly hate the flu!! and HATE PUKING!.. So every year I take as many precautions as i possibly can to reassure myself that i wont become ill. Well, I didnt know it but my cousin had the flu two days ago, and yesterday. And well, She didnt tell anyone when she came to my gparents house for a christmas dinner. So when we had our prayer we all held hands, and i just happened to be holding her hand.. right after I ran and grabbed some pizza and chowed down. While eating i realized she wasnt touching any food, and was repeatidly running to the restroom while holding her stomach. I asked what the problem was and she started telling me about her flu... so my question is, am I going to get the flu? Everyday I take vitamins and wash my hands.. except for this one time. Please be honest with me, i need to know. Ive had a headache, and my stomach has been achy. but I also have a very nervous stomach along with IBS... so a stomach ache is common in my everyday routine. like i said please answer asap.. im worrying myself sick over this!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Seriously need a answer asap.

Well, at this point, there isn't too much you can do to prevent yourself from getting it, BUT:

1) You might already have had this particular bug.

2) Your body might have killed off the virus without it affecting you, happens all the time.

Most of the time, people who catch this sort of virus show symptoms within 24 hours, so if you're still ok tonight, you should be safe.

For now, eat small meals of easily digestible foods. If you start feeling nauseous, sip water or lemonade.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
(female)

SamiMichelle08 HB User
Re: Seriously need a answer asap.

Thank you!! And im feeling much better, Im guessing it was just my nerves

Closed Thread