It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
(female)

SamiMichelle08 HB User
Cold Weather

So, I live in the MidWest & we just got hit with that terrible snow storm. I woke up this morning with drainage and a "somewhat" sore throat. Its the feeling of soreness that means..watch out, its only going to get worse!.. What kind of precautions should I take? Or do you think its just the weather making my sinus's go nuts? Since Ive been feeling like this I took a Multi Vit and Garggled Salt water & also just mouth wash to take away any other germs. Anything else i should do? Btw, Im a hair stylist.. so I CANNOT get sick!! Time is MONEY!

Old 12-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: Cold Weather

There's not much you can do once you actually catch a cold other than stay hydrated and well rested. Chicken soup has been proven to have some good antiviral properties, as does garlic (I take the pills) and cayenne pepper can help ease congestion. I think the trick is to keep your immune system strong through good nutrition, regular exercise and there are some alternative therapies that have shown promise with boosting immunity such as yoga, meditation, hypnosis, acupuncture, massage and alternating hot/cold water when you shower.

The Following User Says Thank You to EagleRiverDee For This Useful Post:
Britta99 (12-14-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread