It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2010, 05:58 AM   #1
(female)

rosrob HB User
flu ???

Has anybody had anything similar to this or knows what this could be.....

Came home from work one evening with a raging headache and felt really cold....odd pains in my muscles and dreadful pain in my neck and base of head causing headaches so bad could barely put my head on the pillow.....sore throat.........took three days off work as my throat was so painful....it felt as though the entire throat from the back of my nose right down to the very bottom of my throat was really swollen - all the adams apple area and even the bone bit down the front......entire throat felt absolutely on fire and a few little ulcers at the back of my throat - generally feeling unwell and tired out - my eyes were red and burning and stung.....headaches......could just sleep a tmeperature on and off......went back to work still feeling ill but after 3 days could not work again....throat on fire absolutely tired out pains in my sinuses (but no real `cold` symptoms or catarhh)....finally went to GP who said that my throat was incredibly inflamed and red and all my glands had come up to fight the virus......she said rest......antibiotics would do no good but after some bullying as i had now been ill for 10 days and my throat was still on fire she gave me 5 days of pencillin v........i waited a few days and feeling no better took them.....after finishing the five days I developed a really tickly couch and my throat was still on fire.......and then just coughing masses and masses of congestion from my throat and the back of my nose......my throat even wheezing - really run down - no apetite as food made me feel nauseous........went back tot he doctors - she said my throat was still inflamed and she gave me 7 days of amoxycillin - i was coughing in her room and she listened to my lungs - said they were clear and it was all coming from the throat etc......this is day three of the antibiotics - still feeling ill and so very very run down indeed - sinuses feel full up and throat - although not quite so inflamed is still red and feels hot down one side...coughing does not help......just feel so tired and ill and sinuses full up and coughing liquidy congestion from throat............cannot go to work......feel absolutely wiped out and depressed..............could sleep standing up.....I wonder if i had the flu and this is a complication of it........i have been ill for exactly three weeks now and still feel ill....and throat still red.

Has anybody else had this and any thoughts please.........many thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread