It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
(male)

kid028 HB User
prolonged symptoms

hi guys, for about 2 weeks ive had some sort of infection which caused sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, wheezing chest and phlegm. i went to the doctor and he gave me some medicine and after a while all the symptoms went away but my wheezing. i went back and got some more medicine for that and im feeling much better. though while ive been sick ive been hearing strange noises in my right ear. it sounds like wind passing by. it will usually get it at somepoint during the day and it will then stop. it will only last for about a second. but today ive been hearing it non stop every few minutes or so. it started about the same time i got sick, but if the infection caused it, wouldnt it have stopped by now. does anyone know if this is related to the infection and when it will go away. Thanks

Last edited by kid028; 12-21-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: prolonged symptoms

HI for wheezing I would use a heating pad 20 minutes on the chest and a cool cloth to the head. After the 20 minutes is up I would use an ice cube on it quickly for 30 seconds, dry it with rough towel and go to sleep for the night. For the ear some doctors of the past have said to take 2 Tablespoons steam activated charcoal powder mix it well with 2 Tablespoons flax seed or maybe even flax meal and about 4 tablespoons water or so simmer a bit turn off. Then I would put the mix on one half a paper towel folded lenthwise 1 inch from the edge. The paper is then closed with the charcoal mix inside and I would put it on the outside the ear and neck areas to see if it helps with the wind sound since it may be a leftover lingering part of infection.

This mixture will not come off or wash off of linens or clothes so a person would want to use clothes and sheets or blankets he does not care about. If a person is real careful chances are it won't come out anyway unless it tears. Have a fun day! :smile:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread