It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Bernice HB User
Stomach Flu

I got the stomach flu 2 days ago. I feel much better but I'm not really hungry and my stomach still feels queasy. I don't feel I have to vomit but it's gurgling. This stomach flu is going around but does anyone know if this is normal (not hundrey and stomach still feels queasy without needing to vomit)?

I haven't eaten that much for 2 days. My girlfriend, her husband, daughter, son inlaw, brother inlaw and a co worker all had this stomach flu and they said their stomach felt weird a couple days after they got it too.

My stomach is gurgling like I'm hungry but could it be I'm afraid to eat because it still feels queasy?

Thank you,

Bernice

Old 12-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
(female)

FlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB User
Re: Stomach Flu

Try water, tea, fruit juice, fruit drinks, broth based soups or jello. Add other foods as it feels ok, like toast with a poached egg. If you had diarrhea there's the BART diet that will help: Banana, Apple juice, applesauce, Tea (decaffinated), Rice or rice cereal. Hope you feel better soon, Merry Christmas!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Bernice HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatfootDiva View Post
Try water, tea, fruit juice, fruit drinks, broth based soups or jello. Add other foods as it feels ok, like toast with a poached egg. If you had diarrhea there's the BART diet that will help: Banana, Apple juice, applesauce, Tea (decaffinated), Rice or rice cereal. Hope you feel better soon, Merry Christmas!
Thank you for your reply.

On Monday and Tuesday, my stomach felt queasy. At 9:00pm on Wednesday, I started with diarrhea. About 10:00pm, I vomited. Throughout the night, I vomited about 3 or 4 times (have to admit, I felt alittle better when I did, why is that? LOL). About every 2 hours, I had diarrhea.

Yesterday morning, I felt better but still queasy and alittle diarrhea. Today, I feel much better but still alittle queasy and soft stools but not really hungry.

I've been drinking water and 7-up. Yesterday all I ate was a cup of soup and some crackers. Today, I went to Costco with a friend and ate the samples they had out. I'm not very hungry but my stomach is gurgling probably telling me to "feed me".

Could this all be from the 24 hour flu that's been going around?

Merry Christmas to you too.

Bernice

Old 12-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #4
(female)

FlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB User

I just got back from a wonderful french country dinner for xmas eve (i'm 12 weeks post surgery on foot, and am just now walking on crutches). since you went out shopping and felt ok to do that (no fever, headache, chills) it actually sounds like you might have a mild case of food poisening not the flu. Make sure you get plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated. If the vomiting and diarrhea continues you may need medical assistance. Dehydration can be bad.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Bernice HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatfootDiva View Post
I just got back from a wonderful french country dinner for xmas eve (i'm 12 weeks post surgery on foot, and am just now walking on crutches). since you went out shopping and felt ok to do that (no fever, headache, chills) it actually sounds like you might have a mild case of food poisening not the flu. Make sure you get plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated. If the vomiting and diarrhea continues you may need medical assistance. Dehydration can be bad.
I felt alittle better for a couple days with my stomach still queasy. This morning I woke up with diarrhea again. I don't have a fever, headache or chills anymore. I'm going to get some imodium. Maybe that will help. So far no vomiting. I don't think it's food poisoning because this stomach flu is going around in this area. A lot of people had the same thing but after about 3 days, the queasyness went away and they didn't have diarrhea after a day from getting sick.

Closed Thread