It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
(female)

marcine26 HB User
cough question

not sure what to do or think.

been sick since right after thanksgiving. I got a pretty bad cold and sinus infection, it went away in about a week....or so I thought. On Dec 15 I had to work a long day and lost my voice, I thought it was from talking for 14+ hours but then a cough started and it got gradually worse. After a week I went to the dr and she said I had bacterial bronchitis, gave me antibiotics, an inhaler, and about a liter of cough med with codeine. I have used pretty much everything but now my cough is getting so annoying and it feels like I cannot catch my breath like I am not getting enough oxygen and my chest hurts if I breath too deep or not deep enough. I gag after a coughing fit to the point of almost throwing up. could this have turned into something more than bronchitis or should I let this run its course a little longer. I am scared of the feeling of not having enough air but its not to the point of feeling dizzy or anything.

any suggestions?

thank you

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
sore throat, dry hacking cough over a week sick82 Colds & Flu 3 11-04-2010 02:41 AM
The cough from HELL....help! xSunnySmilex Colds & Flu 5 04-26-2010 06:03 AM
Horrible, horrible cough...what to do? *Versailles* Colds & Flu 1 05-17-2007 07:10 AM
problems swallowing cough syrup WanderingSoul Colds & Flu 2 12-09-2006 06:59 AM
can't get rid of cough missree Colds & Flu 0 01-06-2006 06:02 PM