It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
(female)

Nuneaton HB User
annoying cough since november

hi can anyone please help. I've had this annoying cough since november its been on and off and came back when i woke up this morning, the past coughs have been very phlegmy and make me vomit but this cough day is very deep and sounds like i am barking. I am not getting sleep and my 3 year old is a light sleeper and i keep waking him with my bark. My son also has a bit of cough for a while now but mainly when he is in bed.

Please help, thanks.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
(female)

Nuneaton HB User
Re: annoying cough since november

Also i should add that i started going to the gym beginning of november, few weeks after i got a chest infection which started this cough off. Do you think starting the gym could be related? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #3
(male)

LightYear HB User

Where is Nuneaton? I'm in Los Angeles. I've had what sounds like the same thing. It's been an on and off again cough since November. I think it started with a runny nose that I thought was an allergy, but then developed into this cough. Almost seems like bronchitis. Just when I think it's going away it will make its comeback. It doesn't slow me down that much. I tend to want to sleep a little more than normal but I am able to still do my thing. I feel good but this cough can sound nasty.

Last edited by LightYear; 01-21-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

I think everyone is in the same boat - I have had this cold and cough for the last 2 weeks and my daughter gets colds back to back. I am so sick of this. I noticed when I used to take probiotics I never got colds. This feels like allergies but I never have problems in the winter. Maybe because the cold weather keeps us cooped up in the house and we tend to get more sick.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:28 AM   #5
(male)

LightYear HB User

UPDATE: I am finally over this thing. I think it was a mild bronchitis. Took over 2 months to fully get over.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYear View Post
UPDATE: I am finally over this thing. I think it was a mild bronchitis. Took over 2 months to fully get over.

Did you go to the doctor or did it just slowly get better? I am debating whether I should bother

Old 02-06-2011, 03:46 AM   #7
(male)

LightYear HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi11 View Post
Did you go to the doctor or did it just slowly get better? I am debating whether I should bother
No doctor. I remember hearing some study that revealed that 50% (or more) of doctor visits are a waste of time.
If you're not sick as a dog then don't bother.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYear View Post
No doctor. I remember hearing some study that revealed that 50% (or more) of doctor visits are a waste of time.
If you're not sick as a dog then don't bother.

I agree because I had a cold before and went through two different antibiotics which did nothing for me.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
(male)

LightYear HB User

Quote:
and went through two different antibiotics which did nothing for me.
I think I remember hearing that if you use antibiotics, it will weaken its effectiveness the next time you need it. So antibiotics should only be used as a last resort.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #10
(female)

brownmj3 HB User

In November, I had a cold (congested, cough, sore throat). It went away but the cough stayed and worsened in Nov and December but has finally started to diminish. However, I still feel like I have some congestion in my chest, I still have occassional coughing fits and then this morning I blew my nose and had blood and then coughed and had a tiny bit of what looked like blood in the mucus! Anyone else experience any blood? I feel like when I take a deep breath in that I want to cough..

Closed Thread