It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
(female)

rosemaria01 HB User
severe flu symptoms-got prescribed TAMIFLU but scared to continue the Medicine

I havnt got the flu shot this year..i didnt have any cold or flu all this year..bt last week i went out of town for a program ,there was one person who traveled with me started severe sore throat and flu symptoms..when i came back home the very next day i 've got the same symtoms..started with itchy sore throat and later the day with high fever close to 105 degree almost all time 104.6 degrees fever...next day i went to doctor ,the throat swab test ws showing negative. they werent able to take it correctly..i didnt let them swab my throat all th way..since i got really bad gag reflux ..she said tests were shown negative before several times but it's the flu..because i hve got all the symtoms of flu..and i got prescribed TAMIFLU..now here is the problem.i took tamilfu tablet, the moment i took it reduced my fever and came back normal..bt sore throat still persists..but while i was reading the side effects of tamilflu ..i see a lot of comments that says tamilflu can kill..it can cause dangerous problems like brain damage and blindness,Psychiatric problems like hallucinations terrors and suicide tendencies and all sorts of life threatening problems..then why would my doctor want to kill me? i feel nausea and dont feel like eating after taking that medicine.but i am glad my temp was down to normal.but i am really scared ..please help me guys..anybody got any experience with this medicine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
(female)

rosemaria01 HB User
Re: severe flu symptoms-got prescribed TAMIFLU but scared to continue the Medicine

Please somebody help me answer my questions..have anybody even heard about this medicine? i asked my parents and my friends they have never took this medicine...and i heard they give this medicine in cases of severe swine flu and all..today i took tamiflu tablets..it reduced my temperature and dizziness ..but I am scared about th dangerous effects....if anyone ever used this medicine please share your experience

Old 02-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
(female)

rosemaria01 HB User
Re: severe flu symptoms-got prescribed TAMIFLU but scared to continue the Medicine

I am taking tamiflu right now..it reduced my fever to below 100..but i am afraid to stop the medicine before finishing th entire course..it could be dangerous..anybody got any suggestions? should i continue taking tamiflu for 2 more days?

Old 03-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

I hope someone who has taken this can help you as I have never taken it or know of anyone who has. I did read the side effects. If you really feel scared to take it then stop it and either call your Dr. or pharmacist so they can suggest something else.

Sorry it took so long to answer your post and hope your feeling better now. Did you finish the recommended dose or quit taking it?

Hope your doing ok and feeling much better....JJ....

Closed Thread