It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
(female)

xenagurl20 HB User
Question Help!

Ok. So not sure what to do....Since 2/25th ish. I have had this spell of constant coughing for maybe 3 minutes at the maximum. The first night I was playing on the wii with my mom and after about 25 minutes each of playing, switching and having a chance to sit and take a rest. By the way its a zumba game, we danced for a total of about 50 minutes together. I went upstairs to watch tv with her and all of a sudden I started coughing as though there was an itch in the back of my throat. Then came the wheezing and coughing together. I'm not sure what this could be. I will be 24 in October, so its a ways away but I haven't had breathing problems ever in the past. I did have a cough over the summer that was diagnosed as bronchitis but I never did figure out if it really was or not.

The wheezing lasted for maybe a little over an hour and the coughing comes and goes. It happened at work the other night. I was just standing there but helping a customer. I started coughing and couldn't get rid of it.

Nothing seems to help either, lozenges, water, anything it seems, period...

Could this be some sort of exercise induced asthma, should i ask my doctor or go to a doctor, or could this be some sort of bronchitis that never went away? I am sort of desperate here because the coughing spells need to go away so I can be completely healthy. I have had my bits and pieces over the past maybe 5 years of being healthy or unhealthy or injured. I just want to be completely free of unhealthiness and injuries for a while.

So back to my question, help, I need some ideas of what could be causing these episodes of coughing, not all the episodes bring wheezing. Just the ones where I seem to overexert myself in exercise. The feeling of something itching the back of my throat does happen each time I have an episode however.

I hope this helps in figuring out what this could be and if I need to go see a professional or not. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Help!

If it were me I would make an appt. to see your Dr. It could be anything from post nasal drip to a lingering cold or even Bronchitis again. Seems this year whatever is going around folks seem to have the same symptoms. I call it the cold..virus or whatever that just won't go away. Do you have any fever?

Before it does turn into something serious see a pro and maybe an antibiotic is in order to finally get rid of it. Let the Dr. figure it out.

Good luck, and hope you feel better soon....JJ...

Closed Thread