It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
(male)

cbuck99 HB User
Stomach Flu!? Stomach Bug!?

I'm 18 years old, Last monday I came home from disney felt great, ate great, worked out everyday, and so on. I came home and went to school on that monday. Everything was normal until around noon i started to get diarrhea and i just felt awful i went home and the bug kicked in. I was throwing up all night around 10-12 times, had a splitting headache and fever, i was very dehydrated i actually passed out on the ground walking back from the bathroom. I got hydrated after and rested the hunger still hasnt fully come back because i think my stomach has shrunk but im still having problems with diarrhea and thats what worries me! I recently took immodium ad and it worked but my stool was pale green the next morning i woke up and i had diarrhea all day so i went back on immodium and it didn't work for long. Ive been having this diarrhea off and on for a week now! The stomach bug and fever have gone im just frustrated cuz i cant eat or workout! Ive lost 9-10 pounds and thats what i get must frustrated with! am i losing water weight is my hard worked muscle just disappearing? My other questions is why still the diarrhea and all day i hear the gurlgling in my instestines which makes me unhungry i cant eat anything normal just bannas and apple sauce! after a week? it just seems very odd it also has the color of like dark yellow if that means anything and is very hot. ( I know, gross, but I just want help!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Stomach Flu!? Stomach Bug!?

It could be a stomach virus as it sure is going around. How long after you came back from Disney did it start? Did you eat anything unusual that might have given you food poisoning?

If your stools were light green after the Imodium, well taking it on a very empty stomach might be the reason, as Imodium is light green.

For now I would stay on as bland a diet as possible, yes toast, crackers, bananas and applesauce and also keep hydrated with either Gatorade or even gingerale, as with all that Diarrhea your probably still a bit dehydrated. If your not feeling better in another day or so call your Dr. to be sure it is just a virus.

Feel better soon....JJ...

Closed Thread