It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
(male)

yalie22 HB User
Same antibiotic twice in a row?

Do you think it makes any sense at all to take two courses of the same anti-biotic with one weeks gap? My reasoning is that whatever infection survived definitely was resistant to the antibiotic so taking it again would be useless. Let me know what you think.

I've been having this 2 month long cold/sinusitis problem with mild but persistent symptoms - mild headache, nose always blocked, phlegm from maxillary sinus. It just doesn't go. I keep going to the doctor and he keeps giving me all sorts of sprays and antibiotics. I've stopped the srays eventually there were a whole bunch of steroids and it gave me head rushes.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Same antibiotic twice in a row?

Are they sure it is a true infection and not viral? If it's viral no antibiotic is going to help. As far as giving you the same one, no, they should try something else. When I use to take Amoxicillian so much I actually got immune to it so now it does nothing for me.

Whatever this cold/flu thing is everyone has it and it doesn't wish to go away. Have you ever tried a nasal rinse like a Neti pot or spray bottle? My ENT gave me one and so far it really has helped. Took a few times to get use it to it, but they do work.

Feel better Yalie...JJ...Another CT. resident....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread