It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
(male)

orangy HB User
Body ache after bout of cold

Dear Gurus

I got a bad cold( ?) which interestingly started chest discomfort, with a dry non productive cough body aches and it was followed by 3 days of bad sore throat where I got trouble swallowing.which got better yesterday.

No runny nose, no fever at all. about 2-3 sneeze thats all through out. Are these the modern cold ?

The thing is that once the sore throat stops, I have an uncontrollable cough and stuffy nose and that had affected my sleep somewhat. My phlegm was green and feel that I am recovering.

However, today I woke up tired and with slight muscle ache and stuffy nose and once in a while I would be able to cough out green phlegm.

Do you guys that its the aftermath of the stiff cold or part two of the cold. Is it common to have aches and fatigue after a cold? My lungs seems clear. I have no fever throughout but i have this uncontrollable cough that keeps me from sleeping well. I sometimes cough till my chest hurts. whats going on? is this some bad cold that has been aound?

Last edited by orangy; 03-14-2011 at 03:24 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to orangy:
sjb (04-13-2011)
Old 03-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Body ache after bout of cold

Do not feel alone as there is some weird bug going around that 98% of people I know have it. Bad enough you get it once, but several have had it come back 2-3 times..it is a nasty bug. All say the same thing, the cough just goes on and on till your winded and sore. Hubby has had it for over 2 weeks.

Did you see a Dr. at all as green phlem usually is an infection so you just might need an antibiotic. Have you ever done a sinus rinse with either a Neti Pot or spray bottle? My ENT gave me a Neilmed sinus rinse bottle and it took a few days to get use to, but it does help. Your suppose to do it like one hr. before bed, but Lately I seem to wait till I feel totally plugged up and then do it, and yes, it has helped me quite a bit. Usually some hot tea with honey helps as well.

Wishing you well, and feel better soon....JJ...

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
sjb (04-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
(male)

orangy HB User

Thanks for your reply. I didnt see a doctor because I dont know why but I am just afraid of taking any medications prescribed I am afraid I might have some bad side effect or allergy and I am all alone in a foreign country.

It took 3 weeks plus to clear with a lingering cough that persisted. I have the Neilmed sinus rinse bottle, good stuff. I use it with table salt. Its not available in Shanghai where I am posted and I actually bought a couple over. I find that using it when its fully plugged up actually forces the water into ears.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Well I feel for you as it takes it's sweet time to go. Glad your feeling better at least. I still after 2 months have a slight stuffy nose but I blame that on our crazy wet weather. Spring just doesn't seem to want to get here this year.

My ENT gave me the Neilmed sinus rinse bottle. It makes a world of difference in me. Of course if I would use it every day like I'm suppose to it might helps more... Like anything as soon as you feel better you just happen to forget to do it.

Thanks for the upate and stay well...JJ...

Are you in Shanghai for long? Stay well!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
orangy (04-14-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
orangy (04-14-2011)
Closed Thread