It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
(female)

pinchbeck HB User
Does Astralagus and Probiotics really help immunity?

Has anyone has success with these. Please answer only if you used to catch every cold and flu virus out there like me!

The following is a little info about astralagus root: One of the key uses for astragalus is to improve immune function. Although more evidence is needed, one of the ways astragalus is thought to work is by increasing the production of immune cells. It may also have mild antiviral activity and help with the prevention of colds. There's little evidence from human studies, however, on the effectiveness of astragalus as an antiviral.

The above was taken from: http://altmedicine.about.com/od/herbsupplementguide/a/Astragalus.htm

Last edited by pinchbeck; 03-22-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Does Astralagus and Probiotics really help immunity?

I've been on a Probiotic Acidophilus for over a year and yes, I totally believe it helps. I went through 2 years of constant sinus infections and Diarrhea from Antibiotics..had enough tests to make one person NUTS, and everything came back fine. Drs. were at a loss for my problem, maybe nervous stomach.

Both my GI and PCP told me to get a good Probiotic but make sure it said Acidophilus on the bottle. I got a small bottle of Schiff, as it was inexpensive and didn't need to be put in the fridge. Within 3 weeks I actually had my life back after 2 years of not going many places without worrying. Since it worked well I kept taking them, but now just 4 times a week, as too much can make you go too often as well. So far, so good and yes I believe in them as it is the only thing I ever used that worked for me. Hubby has been taking them a few days a week now as well.

Give it a try and good luck...JJ....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread