It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
(female)

Specialk988 HB User
Reoccurring cold

Since the beginning of the tear I have had 4 colds, stuffy, mucus filled Mose, dry cough, aches and super sore throat. I have been on a multitude of meds, cough syurp and steroids. I am at my wits end and am currently sick and leaving on vacation in 2 days. Anyone else have similar experiences and ways they have beat this crud?

Old 04-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Reoccurring cold

Hi Special k! I am here in Iowa too. I have the same problem and hear that cold thing alot? Do you work around kids? I do and I am always picking up something. I barely made it through work today I feel so rotten. I think the colds last longer than they used to. I hope you are feeling better and are able to enjoy your vacation. Let me know how you are!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Reoccurring cold

This seems to be the year of the never ending cold/flu. I seriously have never heard and read about so many folks getting the same thing over and over again. So far this year I haven't come down with anything major, but like you, it's the every few days or weeks of stuffed up, cough, tiredness an aches and pains. Your immune system is probably geting run down, so take some vitamins, especially C and REST!!!

Have you ever tried doing a sinus rinse? Some folks use a Netipot but my ENT gave me a Neilmed plastic bottle I use and to be honest, it has helped. It takes a bit of getting use to the first 2-4 times, but as soon as I feel a bit stuffy I use it and feel much better. Suppose to do it every day but I actually sometimes forget. Sniffing warm water in and out of your nose during a nice warm shower helps too. Just don't sniff in too hard or you will choke! Do a search on sinuse rinses.

Feel better and well wishes...JJ...

Closed Thread