It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Super bug cold

Does anyone else have this horrible cold that is going around? It just hangs on and makes you feel rotten. Congestion, watery eyes, drainage and cough...I even feel weak and nauseated now. It came on so slow and then literally picked up like a tornado. The first symptoms started a week ago with a sore throat.

So do you think colds are getting worse? Like the strains? My daughter has had a cough for awhile too.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Super bug cold

Hi Tedd...I just posted to SpecialK and yes, this is unreal this year. I don't know myself if there is just a crazy bug going around or what, but it wants to be your friend for life. It really runs your system down too. I've been taking extra vitamins, especially C and a Probiotic and doing a sinus rinse as often as I can.

Hubby had a real beauty of a cold 3 weeks ago that just wouldn't end. Started with scratchy throat, stuffy nose and just plain old feeling BLAH!! Luckily neither of us have had to take any antibiotics, but we as well as many of our friends have had it this year with the never ending BUG!!

Best of wishes and both of you feel better...JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Thanks for replying JJ I appreciate that! I am just bummed to be home on a Friday night feeling miserable and drinking another cup of Theraflu. I am so sick of this cold and feeling out of it. Today I left the keys in the lock of my front door and went in a took a little nap only to find out later they were still in the door. Anyone could have walked in. My ears are full and head full..you know the routine. I guess I will pump the Vitamin C and Probiotics and just rest up. Thanks for the well wishes. Hugs!

The following user gives a hug of support to TEdds83:
JJ (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Your more then welcome and oh yes...I soooo know that feeling. Between all our snow this year and now wet weather every other day it doesn't help.

I'm trying to do spring cleaning and I swear, by the time I finish it will be time for fall cleaning... Last week I was like you, by 9 p.m. which in my world is early I was heavy on the eyelids and ready to hit the sack. Poor hubby seemed to be stuck in the bedroom watching tv till he was bored out of his mind. Hang in there, it has to get better.

Feel better and stop leaving keys in the door........JJ

Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
(female)

Mandarra HB UserMandarra HB User

Hello, I'm glad I'm not the only one, this cold has been hanging around forever it seems, I have been clogged, sneezing, headache and now an annoying cough. I went to the doctor and he listened to my chest and said it sounds fine, but I have a lot of noise in there when I cough and breathe deep at times. This has to be a super bug, I've never had a cold like this in my life.

Mary

Old 05-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Call me crazy but it seems since I and many others got the flu shot that contained the H1N1 this year...the colds are much stronger and last forever.

Last year you had the option of not wanting it and I did refuse, but this year it was included. Might be my imagination, but a few others think the same thing. My son is a nurse and he said his boss is thinking the same thing, and they had it 4 times and it lasted 2 weeks each time....

Hope ya all feel better soon...JJ...

Old 05-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi there! I have to agree! In 2 days I will have had my cold for 2 weeks. It started with a couple of days of a sore throat and then all the other other junk that follows. Still have congestion and a cough to clear the gunk. So VERY frustrated!! There has got to be a better way to kick these. Grrrh! I know my cold last fall was 5 weeks. Alot of people are mentioning at least 3 to 4 weeks before all symptoms are gone.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I hear you. Never heard so many folks complain of the "never ending cold". I usually get 2 colds in the fall and winter, usually sinus infections, but I swear this year, I just keep getting plugged up for a few days and then after that the cough. It goes away for a few weeks and it is back again. Not enough to make you stay in bed, just enough to make you NUTS!

Just look through this cold board and see all the folks who have or had the same thing. I don't have allergies, but I sure pity folks that do if this is what they go through all the time.

Feel better...JJ...

Last edited by JJ; 05-04-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

BTW...I hope your taking some vitamins and especially C. I also noticed last year when I had 3 colds..one right after the other my Dr. had me go on a Probiotic Acidophilus as I got Diarrhea from the antibiotics. She told me to try taking them even after so I did start taking them 4 times a week. Noticed this year my colds weren't as bad..annoying, but not like last year.

I like the Schiff brand, it is a small tablet and doesn't need to be stored in the fridge. Just a thought...JJ...

Closed Thread