It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
(male)

warrod HB User
Just a cold?

June 21st i had my wisdom teeth pulled(only Right side). The day after i woke up with a tiny sore throat that went away when i woke up. The next day when I woke up I had a sore throat that was mild and went away as the day moved along. The next day(Friday the 24th) i had a sore throat all day and it hurt. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday the following week last week I had ulcers or blisters in my throat and the roof of my mouth that kept me awake for 4 days straight. Tuesday it still really hurt but the pain started going down. By this past Thursday the pain was almost gone. However over the past week, I've developed pink eye, a stuffy nose, a bad cough, and pressure in my left ear. This morning i started feeling a sharp pain in the right side of my head right above my ear. It isn't a bacterial infection most likely because I was on penicillin after the surgery. I was tested for strep throat at Patient First LAST Sunday. It was negative. My dentist said it wasnt allergies due to penicillin because i dont have hives. He also said it's not a sinus infection due to the surgery because my whole throat was sore and ulcerated. Not just my right side. Well I feel almost completely better execpt for the pressure in my ear and the headache now and then that just started today. My question is has this probably been a horrible cold virus? I've never had that bad of a sore throat before. and it's been 11 to 13 days since symptoms started.
Also when I swallow I hear something in my pressured left ear. My doctor is not a great one in my mind my parents won't take me there cuz it's getting better and they figure it'll go away. Thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 AM   #2
(female)

graces23 HB User
Re: Just a cold?

Hmm. The sore throat and ulcers in the throat sound like thrush brought on by the taking of antibiotics after your tooth was pulled, but I may be wrong.

The ear thing sounds like there's something going on with your Eustachian tubes...fluid in them maybe? Have you gone and had your tooth cavity (where the tooth was) checked out? It may be draining somehow into your jaw or ear or something...

Closed Thread