It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 04:59 AM   #1
(male)

Cluelessluke HB User
Shower Curtain Mold and Flu

So Monday morning, I noticed that there was a ton of mold on my shower curtain. I got fed up, took a washcloth, pu soap on it, and scrubbed away while I was in the shower to get rid of as much as I could. About 5:00 pm that night, I began to have a sore throat and the next day I felt AWFUL. This is now the beginning of my second day feeling like this and I just realized that I got sick after scrubbing the mold.

So my symptoms include sore throat, light headedness, fever, and an aching body. No nauseousness though.

So originally I just assumed I had the flu and was going to wait it out. But ever since I realized that I scrubbed the mold, I'm now worried that that is what is making me sick.

Does anyone know if shower curtain mold can affect you like this?

Thanks for your time!

Luke

Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Shower Curtain Mold and Flu

Well, shower curtain mold is not the most dangerous kind, and there isn't usually that much of it. Still, it can trigger symptoms in people who are allergic.

However, allergies don't usually start with a sore throat and then cause aches and fever. I think you just have a virus, and the mold thing was a coincidence. Take it easy for a few days, obviously seek medical attention if you get really sick, or if you don't seem to be getting better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Shower Curtain Mold and Flu

Yes mold can raise total havoc on your sinuses. I now have one decorative curtain on the outside of my tub and use a cheap liner inside. As soon as I see mold forming I change the liner. It's a pain having to put the two together on one hook but it's worth saving the outside curtain from getting mold. I also take my outside one down and soak it in a little vinegar and water in the bath tub to keep it clean. You could also have a cold as well. So maybe the combo just took it's toll on you.

Feel better...JJ...

Closed Thread