It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
(female)

mroczka15 HB User
im 15, and i feel very sick, can someone please help me?

okay, well it all started 2 weeks ago. i just noticed these red dots on my thighs and legs, and they looked like chicken pox. well, thats what my parents said. and they went away in about a week, so i didnt think much of it. then that next week, i came home from helping my grandma work and i felt incredibly nauseas. i didnt puke, but i had diareah and all that good stuff. so i rested and i felt fine the next few days. then a few days later, i felt bad again. like smelling food would make me nauseas, my stomach hurt, diahreah, fever, and i felt like i was going to puke... but i didnt! this went on for about 3 days.... and i eventually felt better, but still, whenever i eat, i take a few bites and i dont feel hungry anymore. and i still get nauseas sometimes too. so then, the next day, i wake up and i ate and i felt good, and then i started talking, and it felt like i was gonna gag when i talked. like i wasnt going to gag, but it felt like it, in my throat. not in my stomach, because i didnt feel like i was going to puke or anything. and it happened through out the day. that night, i lay in bed, and my chest hurt, it felt like heartburn. but really, only when i layed down. and i looked all these symptoms up, and they said it could be GERD but i really have no idea. i mean, why would it feel like im going to gag, when i talk, or sometimes when i do nothing? my mom and grandma both said my lymph nodes seemed swollen, so could that have something to do with it?
Anyways, yesterday i went to the med center and they checked my ears and nose and throat and they said everything seemed normal. but that fatigue and weight loss(i lost like 8 pounds in 2 weeks, from not eating because i thought i had the stomach flu) she said should get checked out by a doctor. she really scared me, i felt so hopeless, as in i could die and theres nothing i could do about it. i just wanted to feel normal again, and talk without having that gagging sensation!!! well im going to the doctor eventually and ill get some blood drawn, so maybe they can help me. i just am scared, because i never get sick and the one time i do, it seems serious. and what if the doctor cant do anything about it? and i have to live my life this way? i think part of it is a virus because other family members feel like crap too, but i just want it to go away. but i am really curious about the gagging thing. i mean it doesnt happen constantly, but i do worry myself about it, so maybe thats why? i dont know, can someone tell me what this could all mean? if this stuff is tied in together, so i can stop worrying? thank you very much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: im 15, and i feel very sick, can someone please help me?

Hi There,

I am so sorry that you are going through all this, but mostly I am sorry that you are so worried. If you can take the worry out, you will likely feel better just from that. Anxiety and digestion issues can work together to make things worse that they really are.

When are you going to the doctor? I would hope that you can go as soon as possible, to get what ever medications going, and to get a real diagnosis. I wish I could tell you exactly what is going on, but I cannot. I am quite sure that whatever is bothering you will not last forever, and if other members of your family are experiencing similar things, you may just be passing it around to each other, possibly causing you to feel better, then relapse.

For now, try and keep your diet bland, meaning soft foods that are easy to digest...soups, crackers, oatmeal, rice, lean protein, Stay away from fried food, greasy food, spicy food, hard to digest food.. Drink lots of water! Avoid soda. If you limit you foods, you can learn what things help and which things hurt.

Take special care of yourself, pamper yourself and treat yourself well. this alone can make you feel better. Try some relaxation exercises, slow stretching, and breathing. keep yourself as calm and relaxed as possible. All these things will release anxiety too.

I hope some of this calms you down and once you get to the doctor, I am sure you will feel much better very soon.

janet

Old 08-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
(female)

mroczka15 HB User

thank you! i think this feeling in the back of my throat had something to do with my flu and sickness because my jaw is sore, and my glands feel swollen. My grandma is sick (same as me) and she as these symptoms... i think when i dont think about it, it doesnt happen. Im still going to the doctor eventually just to be sure.

Thank you though!!!

Old 08-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

You are quite welcome. As a mom myself I can't hardly stand to hear of sick kids, and I hope you and your grandmother feel better very soon. The swollen glands are a sign that your immune system is fighting for you. I hope you can get to the doctor soon. Take good care of each other,

Closed Thread