It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
(female)

Jade26 HB User
I keep getting Ill... I'm worried i've got cancer.

Hello. I'm very very worried. Right now I have flu and a chest infection. Iv had it now for 5 days and I'm on anti-biotics. Since September this is the 5th time I have been quite poorly. Always colds and coughs and bad throats and now I'm even worse having the flu and a chest infection. I'm so so worried it could be due to an underlying health problem. Something sinister like cancer. I really have been thinking I have cancer for a long time. I had blood tests done last month which came back ok ( only that I'm lacking in folic acid). Would cancer had shown up in these blood tests?? I have more blood tests booked for the 1st of December!! I'm really panicking can anyone help???? Xx

Old 11-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
(female)

Jade26 HB User
Re: I keep getting Ill... I'm worried i've got cancer.

Also, so you no. I am 5 ft 8 inches and I only way just 8 stone!! I don't eat a lot and hardly eat proper nutritious meals with vegetables and meat!!!! I have panic attacks and I worry and panic probably 24/7. I no who ever does comment ( if anybody does) that I should eat more but as an Emetephobic person ( Emetephobia is a severe phobia of vomiting) I find it very hard to eat. Thank you for your patience with me. Jade. Xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

If your infections were caused by cancer, your bloodwork would be very abnormal, including basic things like the cell counts. Don't worry there.

You probably get sick a lot because you don't get enough calories or vitamins. If you can't bring yourself to eat more, perhaps you should at least take a daily vitamin pill or powder.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
(female)

graces23 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
If your infections were caused by cancer, your bloodwork would be very abnormal, including basic things like the cell counts. Don't worry there.

You probably get sick a lot because you don't get enough calories or vitamins. If you can't bring yourself to eat more, perhaps you should at least take a daily vitamin pill or powder.
Yes, I would push those fears of having cancer out of your mind completely. Blood work shows up cancer. Don't worry about that possibility anymore.

I would say you get sick frequently because...

1. You aren't hugely underweight in my opinion (I'm 5'7" and weigh about 8.5 stone and am slim but not too thin), but your diet is pretty bad, and it's hard for your body to maintain a good level of general health when it's not getting the nutrients it needs to function.

2. You say you are a panic-type person 24/7. When your body is in a constant state of stress, fear and tension, it uses up a lot of energy (energy it is not replacing through your diet with nutrients), and can cause you to get sick a lot, particularly in terms of the types of respiratory ailments you are getting.

3. Do you take care of yourself in general, besides diet? I see you live in England. Do you make sure you keep warm and dry if possible when it's cold? Do you get enough sleep?

I find frequent colds and chest infections point to the body being run down in general. So try and get onto some vitamins, minerals, get adequate sleep, and try to not stress so much!

Good luck

Old 11-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

susie1974 HB Usersusie1974 HB User

About 10 years ago I lived in a cold / damp climate, lived on junk food but was underweight, and didn't get much sleep. I would get bronchitis every time I got a cold, and I would get a cold or cough about 4-5 times a year.

Every single time I'd get a horrible chest infection. It was so predictable.

But since about 7 years ago, I have improved my diet a heap, get more sleep, and live in a warm climate. I have not had bronchitis for that whole 7 years, and I hardly ever get colds. I have had 1 in the past 5 years.

Closed Thread