It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #1
(female)

liquorice HB User
Cold or Flu Symptoms

Hi

I am off work today, I have a dry cough, sore throat, aching limbs, cold at times, very tired, muzzie head, chest was very tight last night, but I can eat. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks

Old 11-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Cold or Flu Symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquorice View Post
Hi

I am off work today, I have a dry cough, sore throat, aching limbs, cold at times, very tired, muzzie head, chest was very tight last night, but I can eat. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks
Hi liquorice,
Hope you soon feel better. This sounds just like flu as you are feeling shivery and have aching limbs.
Keep indoors in the warm and take Asprin or Paracetamol to ease the aches and pains. Hot water or milk with added honey and lemon are real soothing.
Dont go outdoors until you feel much better.
Flu is a more serious condition than a cold therefore you need to take it easy for a few days.
All the best,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User

Quote:
Hi

Thanks
That is how I feel when I have the flu. Do you have a fever?

If you have a fever/and your chest still feels tight, you may want to call your doctor.

I hope you feel better soon!

Old 11-29-2011, 03:21 AM   #4
(female)

liquorice HB User

Hi

Thanks, I do not have a fever, my aches seem to have subsided, but I still have a dry cough, tight chest and very light headed. My temperature yesterday was 36.5, today it is 37. Any one got any remedies? Thanks

Old 11-29-2011, 06:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Hi

Thanks, I do not have a fever, my aches seem to have subsided, but I still have a dry cough, tight chest and very light headed. My temperature yesterday was 36.5, today it is 37. Any one got any remedies? Thanks

Apart from cough syrup from your Chemist you could try what we do when we have coughs.
Cut a lemon into 4 bring to the boil in half pint water and simmer for 20 mins, dont peel the lemon. You can use 2 lemons if you like.
Pour into a glass with 1 teaspoon of Honey and 2 or 3 cloves and sip slowely.
You can reheat the lemon as needed. The cloves are just an added extra and nice but not essential.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread