It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
(male)

NoSleepTill HB User
How does flu and its symptoms progress?

I am not sure I've ever had the flu before. I know the general symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, etc.), but do the symptoms all come at once on the same day? Or do some symptoms appear first, and later others?

And do all the symptoms disappear together? Or one-by-one?

Can you have a symptom, and then not, and then have it again? Like, can you get a fever for a day, then off a day, then back on a day?

Plus, does fever with the flu rise and fall during the day? Or is it always hot?

Can the fever be low-grade or must it be high?

Phew! Thanks

Old 12-10-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: How does flu and its symptoms progress?

Oh, you've got this year's bug. It's not the real flu, it's just a nasty virus thing. Sore throat, awful sounding cough, on-and-off low grade fever.

It took me a solid 2 weeks to kick it, and I ran a fever three separate times. Just take care of yourself and give it time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
(male)

NoSleepTill HB User
Re: How does flu and its symptoms progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Oh, you've got this year's bug. It's not the real flu, it's just a nasty virus thing. Sore throat, awful sounding cough, on-and-off low grade fever.

It took me a solid 2 weeks to kick it, and I ran a fever three separate times. Just take care of yourself and give it time.
Yep, sort of sounds like mine.

It's not the flu, though?

Yeah, I had an on-and-off low grade fever for a couple of days (not sure if I still have it b/c my normal body temperature is pretty low and 98.5 is getting up there for me) along with a sore throat, and the sore throat is gone. I have had a cough, just not a terrible one. Some congestion, though not too much. Had a headache one night.

Closed Thread