It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
(female)

penguin1990 HB User
Could this be the flu?

Hi all I need a little bit of advice on the way I have been feeling recently. I started to feel ill on christmas day, 7 days ago. I had nausea and stomach cramps as well as fatigue. I did not vomit or have diarrhea but I put it down to a stomach bug that was doing the rounds in my office. Since then for the last 6 days the fatigue has continued and i'm exhausted. I have a headache every day, every muscle in my body aches, especially my arms and legs. I have also had a high fever which is relieved with paracetamol and ibuprofen. My question is, could this be the flu? I do not have any respiratory symptoms, although my throat is beginning to get a bit scratchy at the moment. Surely if it was the flu respiratory symptoms would be one of the first signs? Thanks for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Could this be the flu?

Hi,
It is possible to get Gastric-Flu,
Which is a form of Gastritis or upset stomach. Flu like symptoms do not always affect the respiratory system.
Feeling hot/cold and shivery with aching and sore muscles are typical flu symptoms.
Keep warm and take Paracetamol or Lem-sip and drink plenty of hot/cold drinks.
Flu or upset stomach will take its course, if the upset stomach is an issue your Pharmacy can give you something for that.
If no improvement in ten days it would be wise to see your Dr.

Wishing you well, Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2012, 02:13 AM   #3
(male)

souriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB User

any illness that lasts for more than 7 days needs to be looked at by a doctor

Old 01-06-2012, 02:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Penquin,

"How are you feeling now"...
Better I hope.
Solofelix.

Closed Thread