It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
(female)

jojotigerlily HB User
Advice Needed ASAP - Please Read

Hi everyone - last Thursday I devlopled a nasty cold, stuffiness and blowing clear out out my nose from Thursday, Friday and some of Saturday, I took Musinex D which knocked me off my feet, I only took it twice, that stuff is insane. Anyway, over the weekend I felt drained and also some anixiety. My cold symptoms have for the most part stopped but when I wake up in the morning I am blowing thick yellow mucos out my nose but then I am good, I use the saline rinse and then some saline spray and I am good to go. Its been a week tomorrow and I still feel like crap. I have NO energy and dont feel like doing anything. I feel weak at times too. But no other symptoms. I did all this research and sounds like I have a virus and not bacteria. I do NOT want to run to the doctors if I can stick this out.

I did have a low temp of 96 for a few days when I woke up but then it rises to 98 as the day goes on. I just want to know is feeling like this normal for a virus? I am generally healthy, just slighly overweight and I smoke YES I KNOW BAD but other than that I am ok.

I dont want to put any antibiotics in me if I dont have too. I used to do that when I waas younger but now I am trying to fight it. I do feel MUCH BETTER than last week but not 100% yet. Is there a lot of viruses going around? My Dad was sick and My mom too. Then I got it. Just hoping its NOT a bacteria infection. I have not had a fever at all. I also have been sleeping good too. Any advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
Re: Advice Needed ASAP - Please Read

Vitamin C drink..emergen-c..and drink a lot of liquids (healthy choices). You can steam your sinuses the old fashion way. Boil a pot of hot water. Then take a towel and throw it over your head(remove any contact lenses) and steam away. Theres is a product I have been using for decades called oil of oreganol p73 (vitamin store) u put a few drops under your tongue..it is hot!..then as long as you can keep it there then drink a full glass of water. It is a hot spice that does wonders on the sinuses and respiratory system. Use it under your tcngue. You can put a few drops on your hand and use it as an inhalent to clear your sinuses too. Great stuff. Its been around forever. Just keep in mind its a very hot spice.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: Advice Needed ASAP - Please Read

Do you still have it - I have had this cold for 3 months on and off. I have the same symptoms you have. I had to be put on two antiobiotics.

Closed Thread