It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
This cold getting on my nerves!

I have had this cough and cold since November on and off. I have caught it 3 times. My kids have had it 4 times. My daughter's sinuses have not been the same since she got it the first time. I went to the doctors in November and had my chest checked and it was clear so they didn't put me on anything and I used otc medicine. It went away but Christmas time it came back but it attacked my sinuses really bad (yellow mucus). So back to the doctors I went and they put me on z-pack. Got better but still had a cough occassionally. My son got an ear infection and stuffy nose so I guess I got it again (3rd time) but this time it attacked my ear. I went to the doctors and they said fluid backup in the ears and throat. This time they put me on amoxicillion till I feel better. I had clear mucus over the weekend and then this morning one glob of yellow mucus then clear again. I was nervous because I thought I was getting better.

My question is because I have had this virus 3 times and my body is trying to rest from all this could I get walking pneomia or pneomia - I have had walking pneomia before. Because this cold just keeps lingering I worry it might develop into something else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
(male)

RS23BT HB User
Re: This cold getting on my nerves!

I think you have a very legitimate concern; however, as long as you were under the treatment of a doctor, I would expect they would be able to determine if the cold had evolved into something more serious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread