It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
(male)

nec1912 HB User
Question I seem to have a strange cold like symptoms going on 9 days now?

I seem to have a strange cold like symptoms where on Sunday and Monday so tired where by I sleeping for 11 hours !! Than the tired gone away

Than Tuesday scratchy throat and light coughing than by the night the cratchy throat and light coughing gone away but a sore throat .Than Wednesday and Saturday mild earache and feels like water in my ear and mucus. By Friday sleepy and tired in the day and almost could not hear do to the water in my ear and mucus.

Now by saturday and sunday most of this is all gone other than some times of light coughing that comes and goes .We are now on Monday and when I talk my voice sounds very deep and a bit like when you stuffed up.I still coughing a bit.

To me it almost sounds like the cold is moving around in my body and my immune system is having a hard time chasing it. Has for those days where I had a mild earache and feels like water in my ear and mucus it was worse in the morning when I got out of bad.

The feeling of water in your ear and mucus is bad has you have hard time to hear.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: I seem to have a strange cold like symptoms going on 9 days now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec1912 View Post
I seem to have a strange cold like symptoms where on Sunday and Monday so tired where by I sleeping for 11 hours !! Than the tired gone away

Than Tuesday scratchy throat and light coughing than by the night the cratchy throat and light coughing gone away but a sore throat .Than Wednesday and Saturday mild earache and feels like water in my ear and mucus. By Friday sleepy and tired in the day and almost could not hear do to the water in my ear and mucus.

Now by saturday and sunday most of this is all gone other than some times of light coughing that comes and goes .We are now on Monday and when I talk my voice sounds very deep and a bit like when you stuffed up.I still coughing a bit.

To me it almost sounds like the cold is moving around in my body and my immune system is having a hard time chasing it. Has for those days where I had a mild earache and feels like water in my ear and mucus it was worse in the morning when I got out of bad.

The feeling of water in your ear and mucus is bad has you have hard time to hear.
Sounds like what I have and it started 3 months ago - this cold is relentless. My kids had it 4 times each and the cold travels throughout the body causing bronchitis, sinus infection, and ear infections. Right now i am on my second round of antibiotics. I thought I had a ear infection but turns out I have fluid backed up in my ears and throat. I got a sore throat for two days then I got extremly tired. There are times i could sleep all day. In the morning i have clear out all the mucus. Read other post about this cold.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #3
(male)

nec1912 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi11 View Post
Sounds like what I have and it started 3 months ago - this cold is relentless. My kids had it 4 times each and the cold travels throughout the body causing bronchitis, sinus infection, and ear infections. Right now i am on my second round of antibiotics. I thought I had a ear infection but turns out I have fluid backed up in my ears and throat. I got a sore throat for two days then I got extremly tired. There are times i could sleep all day. In the morning i have clear out all the mucus. Read other post about this cold.
I have no fever or achy bones .The sore throat was just that one day .

Has for the mild earache and feels like water in my ear and mucus it was worse in the morning when I got out of bad .And out of the 9 days that are 10 days now it was the worse on Wednesday , Saturday and friday. of last week. Now I do not seem to be getting this muhh and some times if I do it clears up in morning after walking around for 1 hour or less .

The stuffy and blocked up nose seems to be gone or well on its way out . Has I have not had major problems in the past 3 or 4 days.

The light coughing is still there and comes and goes like in waves . Put it other way I'm not light coughing 50% of the time in the day.

The tiredness and being sleepy I have not had for the past 4 or 5 days .

Last edited by nec1912; 01-26-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec1912 View Post
I have no fever or achy bones .The sore throat was just that one day .

Has for the mild earache and feels like water in my ear and mucus it was worse in the morning when I got out of bad .And out of the 9 days that are 10 days now it was the worse on Wednesday , Saturday and friday. of last week. Now I do not seem to be getting this muhh and some times if I do it clears up in morning after walking around for 1 hour or less .

The stuffy and blocked up nose seems to be gone or well on its way out . Has I have not had major problems in the past 3 or 4 days.

The light coughing is still there and comes and goes like in waves . Put it other way I'm not light coughing 50% of the time in the day.

The tiredness and being sleepy I have not had for the past 4 or 5 days .
when I got the light coughing and thought I was getting better then boom! Got sick again with mucus once again. Mine I have to clear out in the morning and then I start to walk around it goes away. For me it is the dripping in the back of throat and the reason why I cough sometimes because if you to the mall for example and the mall's temperature is too hot then your throat gets dry and your nose get's stuffy. So it is temperature change in your environment that makes your nose react and throat react. I am thinking this is more a allergy reaction to the weird weather we are having rather than a virus.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

are you feeling better - i still have the symptoms -already went to the doctor lungs are clear. It has attached to my left ear won't go away.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
(male)

RS23BT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi11 View Post
are you feeling better - i still have the symptoms -already went to the doctor lungs are clear. It has attached to my left ear won't go away.
I'm amazed at what you wrote! It was the exact same thing with me, the lingering congestion in the left ear which was the last to go!! As all my other cough, congestion, etc. had cleared up, I stopped the Mucinex, and just went to a basic antihistimine. I found within a week of taking Claritin D, my congestion -- and left ear had cleared up. I also still use the saline spray frequently and steam inhalation once a day.

Good luck.

mike.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS23BT View Post
I'm amazed at what you wrote! It was the exact same thing with me, the lingering congestion in the left ear which was the last to go!! As all my other cough, congestion, etc. had cleared up, I stopped the Mucinex, and just went to a basic antihistimine. I found within a week of taking Claritin D, my congestion -- and left ear had cleared up. I also still use the saline spray frequently and steam inhalation once a day.

Good luck.

mike.

Yes I am on Claritin and a prescription nose spray which seems to clear up the congestion. My son went to the doctors yesterday and they concluded it was allergies so they put him on a nose spray as well. I am convinced it is due to this wacky weather. My dog is suffering from allergies too. It is still lingering and it is annoying.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am also getting jaw and shoulder pain when the ear feels full of fluid - weird stuff I am telling you.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
(male)

okdrl28 HB User

I've had on again and off again flu like symptoms for last 6 weeks, its seems like my body fights it off and it comes back again...the neck and back pain, achiness, tiredness, yellow nasal discharge, gravelly throat...then it goes away for a few days and then it all comes back...I'll slowly getting better...in fact its one of those that you can still work but you dont feel even 70% right...just annoying, no energy.

Closed Thread