It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
(female)

horseflu HB User
colds

My 22 year old daughter keeps getting colds over and over. She never seems to clear up from one when she gets sick again. Is there an internal problem that could be causing this? Also, what is the best way to boost her immune system.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: colds

Read the other post - we are all suffering - I have had it 3 times. My kids had many times - I lost count. It won't leave and I am blaming it on the nice weather we have and I think it is allergies. My whole family is on Clariten and prescription nose spray. That has relieved the dripping in the throat and got rid of the drainage. Musinex just played with the cold.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseflu View Post
My 22 year old daughter keeps getting colds over and over. She never seems to clear up from one when she gets sick again. Is there an internal problem that could be causing this? Also, what is the best way to boost her immune system.
As gigi said, there is something going around that seems to take FOREVER to leave. I did watch a special on tv about it and although it seems to start as a cold/flu like symptoms which of course if bothersome should be looked at by a Dr., much of it is allergy related. I have never had allergies in all my years but this thing has been hanging around on and off for almost 4 months.

Hubby has had it twice and just about everyone I know has it and we all seem to get the same answer..possible allergies. Mine started off as a sinus and ear infection but now seems to be just an annoying tickle in the throat and a LOT of post nasal drip. I've been taking some cough medicine at night and sucking on cough drops. We are about ready to take out stock in Puffs as I have never bought so many boxes in my life.

Best wishes and hope your daughter feels better...JJ.....

Old 02-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
As gigi said, there is something going around that seems to take FOREVER to leave. I did watch a special on tv about it and although it seems to start as a cold/flu like symptoms which of course if bothersome should be looked at by a Dr., much of it is allergy related. I have never had allergies in all my years but this thing has been hanging around on and off for almost 4 months.

Hubby has had it twice and just about everyone I know has it and we all seem to get the same answer..possible allergies. Mine started off as a sinus and ear infection but now seems to be just an annoying tickle in the throat and a LOT of post nasal drip. I've been taking some cough medicine at night and sucking on cough drops. We are about ready to take out stock in Puffs as I have never bought so many boxes in my life.

Best wishes and hope your daughter feels better...JJ.....
Where did you see it on TV because maybe I can find it online. Mine is starting to mess with my acid reflux because the mucus goes up and down in my chest. Then I will have the pain in my ear which runs down my shoulder. My doctor just said it is fluids backed up in the ears. Now I am waking up with spacey headaches above my eye brows. I feel so obsessed with my health right now because I haven't felt right since I got this stupid cold.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

It was on NBC news station I believe monday during their health segment.

Yeah I hear ya about the post nasal drip etc. Every few days my ear still feels plugged and I also seem to get a lot of mucus buildup. Oh well, let's hope it ends soon as I am TIRED of it...JJ...

Old 02-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Does anyone get tired like in the middle of the day?

This messes with my stomach too??? I am belchie all day.

Closed Thread