It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

DeniseA HB UserDeniseA HB User
what could it be? Please, any advice?

It all started Monday night. I had just come back from the mall. My throat started to feel sore.
I thought it might have been the dramatic change in weather (I mean 25 to 4 in a week). I went to bed and woke up with
the worst headache I've had in a very long while. If i even dare move, til my head, it was excruciating.
My throat was killing me,my nose was so stuffy, my neck and ear were also hurting really bad.
However, i did not have a fever or chills. I then began to develope a cough. I decided to go to the
doctor last thursday. She ruled out strep throat because I had a cough. She said what I might have
is allergies. My nose is very inflamed. I was given a prescribtion for Nasonex. Now its Monday morning,
almost a week since this it all began and i feel no better. I now have larnygitis. I have almost completely
lost my voice. My throat gets sore ever so often. My cough has gotten worse. I can barely finish a sentence
without being out of breath, my head is tingling and I'm coughing up green and yellow mucus. I have not yet
used my prescribtion for nasonex because I don't believe that this is due to allergies. I might go back to the
clinic for a second opinion. just today, i started to develop what i believe to be pink eye. What do yo think it might be? Allergies, pnemonia, common cold or flu?

Any advice or suggestion would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by DeniseA; 04-01-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
(female)

DeniseA HB UserDeniseA HB User
Re: what could it be? Please, any advice?

40 views and no responses? any help or advice please??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

HI Denise! Sorry no one has responded to you. I hope you are feeling better by now. All I can tell you is it could be allergies or a nasty cold. I have the cold from hell right now. It started out 6 days ago with a really bad sore throat. I thought I had strep. Then I was in bed 3 days with congestion, headache, nasal stuff etc...then my nose began to drip down the back of my throat. I have a tickle cough that paralizes me. I cough so hard I wet myself. I probably shouldn't even say that but you know it can happen. I think I pulled muscles in my neck and chest. I have been through this before with colds and it scared the heck out of me to have a cough like that. Now it is happening again. Do you have a cough like this? I do have allergies too but this is stemming from a cold.

I hope that you are getting yours figured out. Let me know how you are. I hope you are better!

Old 06-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
(female)

fixmymama HB User

Did you ever go Gluten Free? It can be quite a task but it could be worth it in the end. Not all celiac's are thin. My brother and I are not. Everyone has their different issues. I am positive for hashimoto's and anemia. (Blood test for celiac was negative, but it is not a good indicator especially if you have already been GF like I was.) My Vit. levels are low but not low enough to trigger a responce by the american doctors. I went GF and take Vit D and Mag. also I take a sublingual B vit. It sure has helped. When I stop taking the vit's my internal shaking starts up again, it takes a bit of time but it does return. My face also breaks out and is slow to heal. Good luck to you.

Closed Thread