It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
(male)

chadon HB User
Persistent cold/flu?

I am an athletic 34 years old and about couple months ago I got a mild cold. Mostly I had symptoms stuffy nose (sometimes clear, sometimes not clear mucus), itchy throat and seldom sneezing. Usually my colds don't last more than two weeks but this one seemed to linger around for ages. I was going to go to the doctor but then it started to calm down a bit. I can't get good night of sleep good because my nose gets very stuffy and I can't use my cpap machine.
It was still here this week and yesterday i woke up with a blocked up nose. I do windsurfing in a lake and sometimes my nose gets stuffy after the windsurfing day. The lake water is not the cleanest but I don't know if that would impact...

Do you think this could be something serious? This bears in mind the fact that I don't get colds that often, when I do they don't last for long and my immunity system cannot be that bad as I am very active, playing soccer, going to gym..etc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Persistent cold/flu?

Hi one could see a health professional about it if there is a question about how serious it is. Of course one could consider that sometimes too much wind in the nose and throat can dry out and irritate the mucous membranes there setting up a place for infection. Sometimes too much activity can overwork the body when it needs rest sometimes too. Another problem can also be that when people use too many sweets it lowers the immune system, of course I don't know all the personal habits but sometimes these things can all make a difference. Hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread