It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
finished antibiotics two days ago... feeling icky again...

A month ago I started getting sick with a sore throat and "blah" feeling. a few days later my sinuses got involved. My sinuses continued to get worse- not so much discharge...mostly sinus pain in my face and head. Coughing because of post-nasal drip...One day I woke up with an ear ache so I went to the walk-in and the doctor there said I had an ear infection and sinus infection. I was on antibiotics for 10 days and after a couple of days I felt great.
But now, I finished the antibiotics 2 days ago, and I'm feeling sick again. The back of my throat feels hot, my nose is a little stuffy, and I just feel generally "blah".
What's going on?! Why am I getting sick again?!

Old 06-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User
Re: finished antibiotics two days ago... feeling icky again...

Maybe it is viral! Antibiotics do not help a cold or a viral flu or viral pneumonia.

He probably gave you antibiotics to clear up the secondary infection. I have pneumonia and it is definitely bacterial. So I am staying away from people.

I have to go back for a chest exray on the 10th day. So it is very possible I won't be well even after all this med.

Same goes for you. YOu might need a culture too to see what antibiotics will work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User

But if the original cold was viral, why did I feel better a few days after starting the antibiotics and then started feeling sickish 2 days after finishing?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

Getting sick knocks your immune system down, so you are vulnerable to secondary infections, which makes your immune system weaker, and the cycle continues. I've been sick with so many colds/flu/respiratory crud this year that it's easier to count the days when I've actually been WELL.

Closed Thread