It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
(female)

tkt4tls HB User
Exclamation Alarming Cold Symptom

i'm not too sure if i have the regular flu or a concerning one..
ive gotten a few weird symptoms like:
1.stuffy head (dizziness),
2.coughing up brown and dark green phloem
3. massive headaches all day.
4. sore body just feel weak unable to move at normal rate.
5. an itchy, throat .
6 a high tempreture.

these have been going on for a few days now.. dont know what i should do ...... help please??

Last edited by tkt4tls; 08-02-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Alarming Cold Symptom

I think you need to see a Dr today and get checked, especially with severe headache and high temperature. Not to scare you, but end of summer is meningitis season. You didn't mention a stiff neck, but if that is present or the headaches are severe, you need to be examined right away. If you are lucky it might be strept throat or flu, in which case you need to be treated anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
tkt4tls (08-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
(female)

tkt4tls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
I think you need to see a Dr today and get checked, especially with severe headache and high temperature. Not to scare you, but end of summer is meningitis season. You didn't mention a stiff neck, but if that is present or the headaches are severe, you need to be examined right away. If you are lucky it might be strept throat or flu, in which case you need to be treated anyway.
will it affect my baby as i am pregnant?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

It all depends on what you have and how far along you are. Most infections do not affect the fetus, but without knowing what you have, it is impossible to say. Be sure to tell the Dr you are pregnant if not obvious so they are careful about any meds they may prescribe.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
tkt4tls (08-03-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

You probably need an antibiotic. Go see a doctor asap. Colds don't generally give you a high fever or DARK coloured phleghm, but a secondary infection does.

Closed Thread