It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
(male)

jeffer2012 HB User
cold and flue 2012

I've been battling this cold and flue for over a week. It is nasty! I still vomit, lost weight over this. I find I can't drive due to I don't feel safe to do so. All I can do is try not to spread germs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
(female)

Lindsay310 HB User
Re: cold and flue 2012

I have lots of experience with all of this, having 4 children and having used to get sick all the time myself! I also have a lot of knowledge of Chinese Herbalism because I have worked with this online service for so many years. So I think in those terms. You have a "cold" condition in the stomach, so what you need is warmth. Fresh ginger (not dried ginger) stops vomiting and warms the stomach. Get a fresh stick of ginger (if you can make it to the store). Don't buy the whole thing, too expensive, just break off an arm. You don't have to skin it. Just cut a thin slice and pour hot water over it. Start sipping this tea. Your vomiting will stop. For sure. Also a hot water bottle or a heating pad on your tummy will soothe and help things calm down faster. NOTHING COLD to eat or drink. No raw food. Start with plain white rice (I like organic sushi rice (double the rice amount with water. bring to a boil. add salt. cover, take down to low, cook for 20 min.). Rice is an herb to strengthen weak digestion. Once the vomiting is gone keep sipping ginger tea, and you can add a cinnamon stick. I would recommend contacting that company for individual free (always free) advice for bringing back your energy. It is called radiantwonder. They coached me through so many colds with my kids that now I know exactly what to do. One thing I learned (the hard way) was you REALLY need to be sure you recover as soon as possible, or you leave yourself open to get another cold, or more colds next season. You don't want to get weakened. Good luck. Even if the vomiting has stopped by now try the tea. I'll try to check back again soon. (with 4 kids, not always possible!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
(male)

jeffer2012 HB User
Wink Re: cold and flue 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay310 View Post
I have lots of experience with all of this, having 4 children and having used to get sick all the time myself! I also have a lot of knowledge of Chinese Herbalism because I have worked with this online service for so many years. So I think in those terms. You have a "cold" condition in the stomach, so what you need is warmth. Fresh ginger (not dried ginger) stops vomiting and warms the stomach. Get a fresh stick of ginger (if you can make it to the store). Don't buy the whole thing, too expensive, just break off an arm. You don't have to skin it. Just cut a thin slice and pour hot water over it. Start sipping this tea. Your vomiting will stop. For sure. Also a hot water bottle or a heating pad on your tummy will soothe and help things calm down faster. NOTHING COLD to eat or drink. No raw food. Start with plain white rice (I like organic sushi rice (double the rice amount with water. bring to a boil. add salt. cover, take down to low, cook for 20 min.). Rice is an herb to strengthen weak digestion. Once the vomiting is gone keep sipping ginger tea, and you can add a cinnamon stick. I would recommend contacting that company for individual free (always free) advice for bringing back your energy. It is called radiantwonder. They coached me through so many colds with my kids that now I know exactly what to do. One thing I learned (the hard way) was you REALLY need to be sure you recover as soon as possible, or you leave yourself open to get another cold, or more colds next season. You don't want to get weakened. Good luck. Even if the vomiting has stopped by now try the tea. I'll try to check back again soon. (with 4 kids, not always possible!)

Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
(male)

jeffer2012 HB User
Re: cold and flue 2012

Thankyou for your advice. Still battling it out. I will have a delivery company to fetch these items as well as other things I need as I've been single for the last few months. Makes it extremely hard to recover as I have nobody to take care of me. I don't like to go out in public right now as i don't want to spread this illness to other people. Especially young children and elderly people. I was at my doctor's. She prescribed me amoxillin and puffers so I can breathe. This is how severe it is. Certainly can take a 180 pound man like me and suffered ten percent weight loss over this.

Closed Thread