It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
(female)

Dawn333 HB User
To go or not to go..

I have been sitting here for a couple days talking myself out of seeing a doctor. I go in at least one a month for swollen glands in my throat, mostly from sore throats, fever, ect (except this time). My doctor doesn't seem to alarmed about it (when I tell her how often I go through this), however I go into the emergency room and she told me the name of that where you get frequent glands that swell? Well about 3 weeks ago I got a bad case of a cold I guess. Sore throat, lost some of my voice, fatigue, & required more sleep in a day time then most days. Since my job requires a lot of my time. I can't really afford to be sick! My throat glands swelled up and i had something behind my ear that swelled up as well (it kinda felt hard and super sore to touch it). Well as 2.5 weeks went by my glands decides they was going to come down some (in my neck area). I still get the sensation of a scratchy throat, and headache (as usual). About 3-4 days ago my pelvic area on the left side has egg knot size lump. Super sore to touch and feels like it burns inside. Then a day later under my left arm pit/boob started to get sore as well, even though I could only feel something like a pea size knot? Nothing really crazy not like my pelvic area. (Yes I am thinking its gland related.) I have literally sat her and talked myself out of getting checked thinking it will get better. Has anyone had something similar to this and can share with me what was wrong with them? I am just so tired of feeling like every day is a struggle to get through (energy related)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: To go or not to go..

Hello! The fact that you have other lymph nodes involved throughout your body makes me think you should go see the doctor. I wouldn't go to the ER, or even an Urgent Care, but this is something I feel your primary care physician needs to look into. As far as WHAT it is, it's really hard telling but like I said, it's no longer just contained to your upper respiratory area such as would be in a common cold.
Good luck, and please come back and let me know what you find out!!

Closed Thread