It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
(male)

ssly3333 HB User
What's fastest way to recover from a cold or flu?

What's fastest way to recover from a cold or flu? Other than a lot of sleep and lots of fluids? Does NightQuil help to recover or only cover the symptoms?

Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
(female)

LilMarieLyons13 HB User
Re: What's fastest way to recover from a cold or flu?

medications like nyquil and dayquil dont fully relieve you
they only temporarily make you feel better
i take tylenols and get lots of rest
i eat soups and drink teas.. i also have had chocolate help me in the past(with a cold not flu) although when i get the flu i get the muscle aches not vomitting etc. but i would recommend taking it extremely easy. avoid strenuous activity... try and stay in bed and relax... and taking a nice nuke warm bath also helps too.
i believe naturally fighting a sickness is the best and fastest cure because putting medications into your body isnt always the best option.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
(female)

Ashley00 HB User

Emergen-C drink lots of it!! Lots of Rest Tylenol and Ibuprofen...NyQuil helps me for sleep when i am sick also sleepy time tea with honey!! good luck hope you feel better!

Old 03-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Actually, Alka Seltzer plus is far better than dayquil or nyquil. And if you catch it at the VERY beginning - right after you realize that something may be going on, you could halt it's progression. It's never failed to stave off a cold for me. And Tamaflu works great if begun the first couple of days of the flu.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, I found that taking Cold-EEZE at the onset of a cold reduces the duration and severity of the cold. It contains a form of zinc that prevents the rhinovirus from reproducing. Its great stuff because it gets to the root of the problem rather than treating the symptoms........

Old 08-31-2013, 06:28 AM   #6
(female)

shell921 HB User

Rest, warm herbal tea, clear broth with mushrooms, vit C, lysine and warm salt water nasal rinses using a neti pot.

Reply Reply