It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
(female)

kellz25 HB User
Here's to this cold's five week anniversary!

5 weeks with a cold. I was great for about two days, I was convinced the nightmare was over, then after a 5 day work week with 14 hour days in each one brought it back with a vengeance.
Stuffy nose, sore throat, ear ache, obnoxious cough, extreme fatigue, and enough phlegm to start a potato farm (sorry for the gross description). Oh, and I sound like I've been smoking 2 packs a day for the past 20 years thanks to what it's doing to my voice.
Let's play diagnose the stranger over the internet! What do I have? And I suppose more importantly, should I go to a doctor?

Old 02-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Here's to this cold's five week anniversary!

Greetings Welcome to the healthboards! I am sorry about feeling sick, my sympathies they are not any fun at all. If the cough has a rattle in it there could be something more than a cold such as a pneumonia I suppose but without all the tests available to us the professional might be needed. Of course everyone makes their own healthcare decisions in life and is in charge of their own health care.

If antibiotics are used sometimes a person gets Candida Albicans afterward and possibly endometriosis to females in my opinion so yeast precautions must be taken.
Sugar aggravates colds and any infection by slowing down white blood cell phagocytosis. Foods helpful might include grapefruit (initially irritating to the throat but later helpful to the immune system) lemons, limes, kiwis, and garlic. I might avoid mucous producing foods including okra, eggs and milk. Onions are supposed to be good for the lungs but they may also contribute a bit to mucous production so I am not sure how much should or should not be used.

I would avoid food additives, alcohol, ketchup and vinegar.

I would drink more water to thin secretions. I might use a warm cloth to sinuses 3 minutes and cold 30 seconds repeat 4 times then rest for an hour. I might use a heating pad to the chest for 20 minutes followed by an ice cube for 30 seconds drying well then resting for an hour or sleeping for the night.

Sick patients needed more rest dark and quiet. A daily walk to tolerance may also be useful in sunshine and fresh air. The windows may be opened wide daily even in winter for fresh air. I hope you feel better soon! Peace, sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply