It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
(male)

Alpha58 HB User
Strange virus (or something) wont go away!

Hi all, first time poster, figured I would try my luck on here because no one else seems to have any answers.

I had a typical common cold in the middle of last month, and after three days, I was feeling much better. I thought nothing of it, as it happens to everyone during the winter months. However, a few days after my cold, I began to get these strange symptons that have persisted to today.

-lightheadedness (dull, throbbing sort of feeling, my eyes tend to defocus a lot as well)
-nausea (no vomiting, low level type of stuff)
-lack of energy
-loss of appetite

More recently ive been getting chills as well as loose stool. Now, the interesting thing is that these symptoms seem to come and go at random. There could be a few days where I feel perfectly fine and the next i'll be back feeling symptomatic again. There seems to be no pattern to this.

At its worst i really cant do much and i have a difficult time eating.

Ive had a CT scan and MRI on my head (had history of concussions) and they revealed nothing. Im an otherwise healthy person and nothing else really seems to be wrong with me. Initially the doctor thought it was vertigo, but I dont have any spinning feelings so that gets rid of that. The other doctors ive visited seem to think its some sort of long lasting virus that will eventually go away, they also prescribed me amox and a steroid pack, neither of which have completely eradicated the disease.

I was wondering if anyone else had any similar symptoms or ideas as to what this is and when it will go away.

Thanks a ton!

Last edited by Alpha58; 04-14-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply