It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

Breast Implants and lump found

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
Adean70
(female)

Adean70 HB User
Exclamation Breast Implants and lump found

I had breast implants done almost 3 years ago. I have called the dr several times since then complaining that something wasn't right. They have fell drastically and it's like they are slowly shrinking. I found a pea size Lump 3 months ago. I started having bad pains in my right breast so just happened to check the lump and it was bigger. Now the size of 3 half a dollars. Went to oncologist said mammogram and ultrasound was fine but noticed my breast tissue density was far dense than last July. So, she still felt the lump and sent me to a breast reconstruction surgeon. Seen her Monday and she is ordering a special MRI on my breast. She did state that my breasts were very low and my skin was very thin at the incision site. I ha them under the muscle. What should I do since evidently they have fell bad and now a lump. They are saline Mentor implants. The dr that did the implants his nurse told me I didn't do what I was suppose to and wear a good support bra. But, I did I wear Victory Secrets full support bras. Plus, I wore my surgery bra to bed every night until a month ago when the zipper broke.. Can some one help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Breast Implants and lump found

Hi there. I have been where you are, I think. First of all, did the doctor tell you not to wear underwire bras the first 6 months? Mine did...VS. full support bras are underwire, I believe. Im not sure if this had anything to do with the problem or not- but the underwire can cause the implants to settle funny- instead of naturally.

Secondly, I also had a lump. Had the MRI of the breast- was sent to an oncologist and breast surgeon. Spent a week crying. And, was told that it was probably a cyst and nothing to worry about. Not wanting to risk rupturing the implants, I was scared to death but told a biopsy was the only way to tell for sure. My breast doctor is not an implant doctor, but does reconstruction for breast surgery. She was really good and she did my biopsy under Ultrasound guided imaging- and was able to take fluid from the "cyst' without rupturing my implant. (Thank goodness). Interestingly enough, I went back into the mamogram from her office and the "lump" was gone! The biopsy ruptured it and it was nothing but fluid, confirming it was a cyst. The lab checked the fluid anyway for cancer cells and none were found.

During this time, I was horribly upset about why it happened and the fact that one breast seemed fuller than the other so I went back to my implant surgeon...he stated that one breast had "dropped lower" than the other and the only way to even them out was to take me back in and put more saline into the implant. Since I neither wanted to pay for or go through surgery again, I have never had this done...believe it or not, the stress of worrying was so bad that I felt like my money was completely wasted. Fast forward a full year, both breasts have dropped further, evened out more- and now if they are a different size, I cant tell. Neither can my husband. A bra fits me (both girls) without any problem. Maybe some of it was in my head- maybe time helped, but now I am so grateful that it wasnt anything serious that I have stopped worrying about it.

It is possible that you have a cyst or something benign in there..it can also be scar tissue...the MRI should be able to tell you exactly what is going on.
I will cross my fingers for you and send you hugs of strength. Please let us know how you make out!

MSNIk

Closed Thread